We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jinetes de Osa vs. Aquila de Osa vs. Pirate Cove?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
173 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Jinetes de Osa vs. Aquila de Osa vs. Pirate Cove?

Hi There! Can someone please compare these hotels for me? I am interested in scuba diving and hiking Corcovado. I have no kids and would prefer fewer kids if possible (we're late twenties). I'm a little sensitive to the heat/humidity and since none of these hotels have AC, which has the best "sea breeze"?

Basically I'd like a unique hotel, good customer service, and tours that have excellent tour guides. Please help me decide between them! Aquila seems the most expensive, but what do you get there that you can't get at the others? What about Pirate Cove, this one is hardly mentioned in these forums? What about food quality? My husband and I are big eaters.. always hungry. Please help!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
49,231 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jinetes de Osa vs. Aquila de Osa vs. Pirate Cove?

I like Aguila de Osa...

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in PARADSIE!

Mentioned in this post
Aguila de Osa
Aguila de Osa
515 Reviews
Drake Bay, Costa Rica
Osa Peninsula
Osa Peninsula
Province of Puntarenas, Costa Rica
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Algonquin Provincial Park
Level Contributor
1,660 posts
1,242 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jinetes de Osa vs. Aquila de Osa vs. Pirate Cove?

How do they compare to La Paloma, they all sound so great.

Mentioned in this post
La Paloma Lodge
La Paloma Lodge
533 Reviews
Drake Bay, Costa Rica
Antigua, Guatemala
Level Contributor
2,958 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jinetes de Osa vs. Aquila de Osa vs. Pirate Cove?

Hi,

Aguila is more luxury than Jinetes. I don't know Pirates Cove.

OntarioCanuck, La Paloma is without a doubt one of the top in that area and they also have the best breeze!

Hope this helps,

Marina K. Villatoro

Mentioned in this post
La Paloma Lodge
La Paloma Lodge
533 Reviews
Drake Bay, Costa Rica
VA
Level Contributor
4 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jinetes de Osa vs. Aquila de Osa vs. Pirate Cove?

Have you considered Drake Bay Wilderness Resort? I would think this resort has the best breeze b.c it is as close to the bay/ocean as you can be and not be in it! Aquila is more expensive and is hemmed in by trees/jungle. People staying at Aquila commented that they saw a boa on their porch- which you may like.... ? Pirate Cove is much more low key/basic than Aquila- as I would think the prices would reflect. If you are going all the way to Drake Bay you may was well stay in a nice place if you can. That is not to say that Pirate Cove isn't safe- I am sure it is- just didn't look as comfortable as Drake Bay Wilderness Resort.

Mentioned in this post
Drake Bay Wilderness Resort
Drake Bay Wilderness...
365 Reviews
Drake Bay, Costa Rica
Pirate Cove
Pirate Cove
395 Reviews
Drake Bay, Costa Rica
Drake Bay
Drake Bay
Osa Peninsula, Costa Rica
Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jinetes de Osa vs. Aquila de Osa vs. Pirate Cove?

Aguila luxury upscale 5X/nt more than

www.jintetesdeosa.com mu fav.

good dive shop food Corcovado tours

but more moderate..

DC
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jinetes de Osa vs. Aquila de Osa vs. Pirate Cove?

I can't speak about Jinetes or Aquila but Pirate Cove is absolutely fantastic - I would go back there in a heartbeat. Beautiful - completely secluded with kms of private beach you will be in paradise and can totally escape from people if you want! Their tours are also fantastic - we had a private tour to corcovado and cano and loved our guides. The owner can also arrange overnight camping trips in the park with another fantastic guide. Highly recommended

Mentioned in this post
Pirate Cove
Pirate Cove
395 Reviews
Drake Bay, Costa Rica
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Jinetes de Osa vs. Aquila de Osa vs. Pirate Cove?

hi Jenbr, we stayed at Jinetes and found it to be nothing like we expected. It wasn't clean and theres quite a walk to a usable beach. I was on the beach below the hotel and I saw what looked like their raw sewage coming out and onto the beach.

8. Re: Jinetes de Osa vs. Aquila de Osa vs. Pirate Cove?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2010, 05:16