We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour operators in Drake Bay

Tour operators in Drake Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2016, 23:30
Cano Island
Islands, Nature & Wildlife Areas
Naturaseekers
National Parks, Nature & Wildlife Areas, Hiking Trails, Forests
Playa Guiones...
Destination Expert
for Nosara
Level Contributor
2,390 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour operators in Drake Bay

I have not heard anything (good or bad) about that tour company, but it seems to me that most of the hotels in Drake Bay offer all the tours in their packages. Are you staying at a hotel that does not offer the tours?

2. Re: Tour operators in Drake Bay

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Bethesda MD
Level Contributor
1,746 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tour operators in Drake Bay

Hola, neighbor. From research into our own upcoming Osa trip, my take is that Drake Bay's the kind of end-of-the-road location where the residents all know each other. So my suggestion is to ask the hotel to recommend/put you in touch with/arrange an overnight trip, whatever standard offerings they may have chosen to list on their website.

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
2,002 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tour operators in Drake Bay

As Allylam said all of the hotels down there have people they use and they're the best ones to ask. Also, when we stayed at a hotel there (and again this is the case with most) they have tours included in their prices since almost everything there is "all inclusive"....they have to be...there's not much else around!

If you need to do something by yourself then Corcovado Expeditions is a good company to deal with....good reputation and they care about the enviornment!

5. Re: Tour operators in Drake Bay

Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Sarapiqui
Level Contributor
5,631 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tour operators in Drake Bay

We booked our guides/tours via Finca Maresia and we were extremely satisfied with all of their choices. I believe our whale/dolphin tour was with Roy (maybe with Delfin Amor) and our Cocorvado Guide was Kenneth (I have his contact info if you wish).

Drake Bay, Costa...
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Tour operators in Drake Bay

Hi All, It is true that all the hotels offer tours but most tour offered for the small lodges are operated by Corcovado Expeditions, especially the overnight tour in Corcovado..

About the guides in the area i just want inform you Kenneth Mora is part of the Corcovado Expeditions team. He is a very capable and reliable person for a guided tour in Corcovado.... As far as Roy Sancho.. He is the best person to do a whale watching tour in the entire south pacific !

There are also other tour guides that are very professional to go on tour with.. here are some of the name of the best people that don't belong to the Corcovado Expeditions team... Gustavo Gutierrez, Erick Beita, Randall Madrigal, Manuel Carranza and Manuel Carava.

I hope this info help you all travelers to make the best of your Corcovado Experience !

It is tr

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,952 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tour operators in Drake Bay

Good to know...since I have had learn about them just a few weeks ago...nothing bad but also nothing good...

roadadvisor

Drake Bay, Costa...
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Tour operators in Drake Bay

Roadadvisor-

That's very true nothing good or bad had been said.. The tourism industry always his pros and cons we it con dealing with costumers.. Just to give a brief description.....Corcovado Expeditions have is the premier independent tour company in the Drake Bay area, founded April 1st, 2001 by 3 Biologist and since them the Corcovado Expeditions have serve thousands of tours and is well know with most travel agents in CR.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
14 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tour operators in Drake Bay

Where will I be able to find these tour guides? I will be Drake Bay next month on May. Thanks for your help!

Get answers to your questions about Drake Bay