We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

anyone tried "Rent a 4x4 in Costa Rica"?

Panajachel...
Level Contributor
731 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
anyone tried "Rent a 4x4 in Costa Rica"?

Has anyone tried "Rent a 4x4 in Costa Rica"? It sounds from their web site that they are on the up and up. From what I remember about rental prices in 2002 their price of $35/day including all insurance, unlimited miles, etc. is pretty good.

Cano Island
Islands, Nature & Wildlife Areas
Naturaseekers
National Parks, Nature & Wildlife Areas, Hiking Trails, Forests
LOS ANGELES
1 post
Save Reply
21. Re: anyone tried "Rent a 4x4 in Costa Rica"?

Rent a 4x4 in Costa Rica was great, they met me at the airport as soon as my flight arrived, spoke english just fine, and also had alot of useful tips and information/maps to get me around. I will defininately be using them again the next time that I'm in Costa Rica renting a vehile. The vehicle was perfect for all of Costa Rica's various terrains and I had no problems the entire time I was there with the vehicle. I got great service from their friendly staff and was able to get a response within less than 24 hours everytime that I e-mailed them with questions or concerns that I had. Very Helpful, well worth the money.

los angeles
2 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: anyone tried "Rent a 4x4 in Costa Rica"?

I just returned from Costa Rica and rented from "Rent a 4x4 in Costa Rica". We had a great experience with them, they had the car waiting for us when we arrived and we received an upgrade free of charge. The price was great and we even changed our arrangements at the last minute to have the car picked up at our hotel, instead of the airport, before we left. I highly recommend having a 4x4 in Costa Rica, you will need it!

los angeles
2 posts
Save Reply
23. Re: anyone tried "Rent a 4x4 in Costa Rica"?

I just returned from Costa Rica and rented from "Rent a 4x4 in Costa Rica". We had a great experience with them, they had the car waiting for us when we arrived and we received an upgrade free of charge. The price was great and we even changed our arrangements at the last minute to have the car picked up at our hotel, instead of the airport, before we left. I highly recommend having a 4x4 in Costa Rica, you will need it!

CORPUS CHRISTI
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
24. Re: anyone tried "Rent a 4x4 in Costa Rica"?

We used Rent a 4x4 in Costa Rica and found the experience to be wonderful. Dean, the owner, is an American Ex-Pat and was recommended by a friend. I was hesitant at first thinking that this price was too good to be true, but we found the vehicle to be reliable and the convenience and service to be exceptional.

We chose the larger four wheel drive at the cost of $45 a day. I believe it is slightly more expensive during the High Season. As promised, an employee met us at the San Jose airport. He was holding a sign with our name. We walked immediately to the car, paid the remainder of our balance and signed some paperwork. Not waiting in line at a car rental company was a very nice start to an amazing adventure.

Yes, the car was a little beat up, but that was fine with us. It was clean, smelled nice, had a good a/c and CD player, and ran well. WE LIKED THE FACT THAT THE CAR WAS NOT BRAND NEW. THE CAR DID NOT SCREAM, "WE ARE TOURISTS...TAKE ADVANTAGE OF US!" There were no rental bumper stickers or "touristas" signs.

When our trip was over, we parked the 4x4 in the Departure parking lot of the San Jose airport and locked the keys in the glove compartment. Again, there were no lines or complicated drop offs. We were tired and busy and this was extremely convenient.

On the whole, our experience was great and we will definitely use this company again on our next trip.

Pura Vida (claro),

dana@dix-fairway.com

Corpus Christi, Texas

I am posting this same message on the Costa Rica car rental page.

25. Re: anyone tried "Rent a 4x4 in Costa Rica"?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2009, 22:21
Get answers to your questions about Drake Bay