We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Paloma or Bosque del Cabo?

Which Drake Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Forest, Virginia
Level Contributor
60 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
La Paloma or Bosque del Cabo?

I am trying to decide between these two hotels for a trip in December. We would be spending 3 nights and it looks like the cost will be pretty similar for the two when you account for transportation (included in La Paloma's rate). We want to see lots of wildlife, and would love to be able to see the whales that migrate through (I've read this starts in December). Has anyone stayed at both and can give us a reason to pick one over the other? Is there anything that we need to know that could help influence our decision that isn't apparent from the hotel websites?

Arizona
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: La Paloma or Bosque del Cabo?

We just returned from our trip to La Paloma Lodge. It was fabulous! (I wrote a review on the hotel page).

Not having been to Bosque del Cabo, I can't answer directly, but we did see howlers 3 days at La Paloma (twice just out from our cabin), a sloth, an anteater, scarlet macaws, as well as the white-faced monkeys - who entertained us for over an hour climbing on and around our cabin. When we kayaked near the lodge, we also saw white-faced and squirrel monkeys. We saw all 4 types of monkeys during the trip - Corcovado (San Pedrillo) tour and Mangrove Tour - not to mention reptiles, birds, etc.

The swimming beach was great - and just 10 minutes easy walk away.

There may be more area to explore and look for wildlife on your own at BdC, but I don't know for sure.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,225 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: La Paloma or Bosque del Cabo?

Thank you magaroni for your mini review...I really like La Paloma...well the whole area for me is incredible...

roadadvisor

13. Re: La Paloma or Bosque del Cabo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2013, 10:15