We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does it get cool enough at night for a long-sleeve shirt?

Tennessee
Level Contributor
590 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Does it get cool enough at night for a long-sleeve shirt?

I just checked the 15 day forecast to get an idea of the weather for our upcoming trip to Drake Bay. I noticed the low is 65 degrees for alot of the days. I realize that 15 day forecasts are pretty much usless but what surprised me was how cool that it gets there at night. I initially told my wife that a long sleeve shirt wouldn't be needed but I'm starting to think I was wrong. For our night hikes etc both in the jungle and along the beach, should we bring some long sleeve shirts or maybe a light sweatshirt type of thing? Were trying to pack as light as possible so were trying to figure out what will be needed and not needed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Drake Bay
Drake Bay
Osa Peninsula, Costa Rica
Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,653 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Does it get cool enough at night for a long-sleeve shirt?

I would bring a very lightweight long-sleeve shirt. You may be able to use it at night and it is sometimes useful if you are hiking in an area with a lot of insects, especially with night hikes.

Telluride, CO
Level Contributor
83 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Does it get cool enough at night for a long-sleeve shirt?

I would advise you bring a long sleeve shirt. One that is breathable and comfortable. You may want one during the day when you are hiking around in the jungle to keep the bugs off of you. It's something that is good to have in the jungle. I always bring one when I travel to Costa Rica. I would try not to bring something that is cotton because that will keep the moisture in, and not breathe.

You also may want it at night, the temp can drop at night after it rains.

Have fun, that area is one of my most favorite places in Costa Rica!

Mentioned in this post
Costa Rica
Costa Rica
Central America
Tennessee
Level Contributor
590 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Does it get cool enough at night for a long-sleeve shirt?

OK, very good. Thanks.

Playa Guiones...
Destination Expert
for Nosara
Level Contributor
2,463 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Does it get cool enough at night for a long-sleeve shirt?

Even if you don't need it in Drake Bay, airplanes can be very cold!

Mentioned in this post
Drake Bay
Drake Bay
Osa Peninsula, Costa Rica
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
49,256 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Does it get cool enough at night for a long-sleeve shirt?

Maybe a long sleeve ...the T shirt long sleeves they work great!

roadadisor

Puerto Jimenez...
Level Contributor
354 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Does it get cool enough at night for a long-sleeve shirt?

I suggest bringing a lightweight long sleeved shirt, not really because of the cool, but because at dusk the purujas can be terrible by the beach (no-see-ums).

Pura Vida, Ballardo

7. Re: Does it get cool enough at night for a long-sleeve shirt?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2014, 07:16