We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drake Bay to Sirena transfer at 10-11am ie at an odd hour

New York City
Level Contributor
509 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Drake Bay to Sirena transfer at 10-11am ie at an odd hour

Is there a reasonably priced way to get a transfer from Drake Bay airport/airstrip to Sirena after all the boats leave on their day tours (which happens at around 7am)? I understand that small planes fly into Sirena and if a plane carries several passengers the cost maybe reasonable--around $50 per person (at least that's what I've been told about planes leaving from Puerto Jimenez). Does it happen in Drake Bay? What about boats? Many thanks.

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
15,530 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Drake Bay to Sirena transfer at 10-11am ie at an odd hour

AFAIK only Alfa Romeo is servicing La Sirena; try contacting them here: http://www.alfaromeoair.com/index.html But it surely is not reasonable cost!

New York City
Level Contributor
509 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Drake Bay to Sirena transfer at 10-11am ie at an odd hour

thanks.

New York City
Level Contributor
509 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Drake Bay to Sirena transfer at 10-11am ie at an odd hour

I found out that there is are "taxi" boats that transfer at any time of the day for $160-170 to Sirena. Not per person, per boat. Also, Alfa Romeo is another possibility but from Puerto Jimenez. The flight costs $360 to Sirena and he usually knows about 2 days before the flight if there are going to be people traveling on a certain day so that its possible to split the cost.

4. Re: Drake Bay to Sirena transfer at 10-11am ie at an odd hour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 August 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Drake Bay