We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Panajachel to Santa Cruz La Laguna

NYC
3 posts
Save Topic
Panajachel to Santa Cruz La Laguna

We are Panajachel from Antigua in the afternoon, is it easy to catch a water taxi from Pana to Santa Cruz? How long is the boat ride? We are going to stay at the La Iguana Perdida Hotel. thanks!

Bethesda, MD
Level Contributor
2,793 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Panajachel to Santa Cruz La Laguna

Just get dropped off at the end of Calle del Embarcadero in Pana and walk down the hill to the dock. There'll be a bunch of boats there. Should be 15-20 Q. They won't leave 'til the boat is full, but the ride itself is maybe 15-20 minutes, if I recall correctly.

Lee will likely see this, so he can provide the most recent info, since he lives there.

Maryland, USA
Level Contributor
207 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Panajachel to Santa Cruz La Laguna

It is so close. Probably 15 minutes on the boat will get you to the tourist section lake section of Santa Cruz. The actual Maya village is well above where it will flood from the lake. They are not stupid.

Lake Atitlan
Destination Expert
for Lake Atitlan
Level Contributor
1,031 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Panajachel to Santa Cruz La Laguna

I am glad to see you are choosing Santa Cruz la Laguna of all the villages on Lake Atitlan. It is quite beautiful and everyone who visits has a great experience. I live in the neighborhood, so please stop by and say HI when you are here. Lee & Elaine

4. Re: Panajachel to Santa Cruz La Laguna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2010, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Santa Cruz La Laguna