We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first time in guatemala

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
37 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
first time in guatemala

Hello everyone! Hope everybody is doing great. I am planning to visit Guatemala for the first time but I m staying only for 4 days. I would like to ask what are the must see tourist spots that should not me missed i like to see mountain, lake, volcano.Im planning to see also antigua. I need help in my itinerary. Im arriving at guatemala city on feb 28 and leaving on march 5. Thanks in advance

3 replies to this topic
Santa Cruz La...
Level Contributor
3 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: first time in guatemala

Hi Bryan, if you have only few days which is very short time, and want to see volcanoes and lake I would suggest you better come stright to Lake Atitlan, on your second day you can go Threkking or hiking From Santa Cruz la Laguna to San Marcos along the shores of Aittlan Lake with stuning vistas, and small villages. A volcano cannot be something to recommend since you might live by sea level and you must get used to the altitud. Next, leave the lake Atitlan early in the morning to Chichicastenango Market and later in the afternoon continue to Antigua Guatemala. On the third you can either explore Antigua by yourself or take a city tour which is really worth it! Next day you can even take a day trip to the amazing Tikal mayan ruins considered a world heritage! Better too take the flight instead of the overnight bus... you can either spend the night in Antigua or Guatemala city depending on your flight departure... Also if you do not want to go to Tikal you can take a day off to relax in Lake Atitlan! have a good trip!

wix
Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
803 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: first time in guatemala

I would head to Antigua, which is lovely, and climb Pacaya, a volcano, from there. Go in the morning, because clouds can roll in by afternoon obscuring the view. There is no molten lava, but the steaming black lava fields and views are amazing.

Then a couple of days at Lake Atitlan, maybe in San Pedro.

Cheers

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
37 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: first time in guatemala

Thank you so much for the replies. That would be a big help.. thanks a lot

Reply to: first time in guatemala
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Santa Cruz La Laguna