We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casa Verde Travel Agency- do not use

Which San Pedro La Laguna hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Antigua, Guatemala
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Casa Verde Travel Agency- do not use

I'd like to warn travellers to San Pedro against Casa Verde Tours/ Travel Agency. Their service is incredibly unreliable. They left myself and a friend in Antigua with out the connection to Lanquin which we had paid for in full. We waited for 2 hours before before being informed that there was no bus. This was known by staff at the office at which we had been dropped off, but no-one bothered to mention it. Nice.

Panajachel...
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Casa Verde Travel Agency- do not use

con respecto a tu queja...queremos informarte de parte de la gerencia de nuestra agencia e viajes que nos gustaria saber tu nombre y tu numero de boleto para poderte dar una respuesta. ya que sin esta informacion no es posible, darte la respuesta que deseas y la fecha para que compraste tu servicio de transporte.

atentamente

casa verde tours

2. Re: Casa Verde Travel Agency- do not use

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 November 2012, 10:19
London
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Casa Verde Travel Agency- do not use

We arranged a shuttle bus from San Pedro to Antigua. We enquired on Wednesday in the office and were told by a lovely lady 35 Q. She said it would be ok to book the following day, We returned on the Thursday to book and were told 40. We explained to the man that we had been quoted 35Q and not 40Q and he shrugged his shoulders, sneered and snatched the ticket out of my friends hand. We knew we were being had here but he didn't care.

The journey took 3.5 hrs and we were hammering at high speeds. He also had an altercation at a petrol station and was shouting at the gas boy, swearing and then drove off without paying. We were not sure what happened but the driver was rude and aggressive.

He also spent considerable time on his mobile whilst driving at high speeds.

Upon arrival at Antigua one of the passengers who could speak really good Spanish asked him why they had paid 35Q and us 40Q. The man's reply was disappointing to say the least. He told us that in our country it's the price of an ice cream and that he didn't care if we were told another price, we still paid it.

Bad attitude, bad manners and a bad experience. I would recommend NOT to use this company.

Alabama
Level Contributor
758 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Casa Verde Travel Agency- do not use

Thanks for sharing, HJHMP....

Maryland, USA
Level Contributor
207 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Casa Verde Travel Agency- do not use

The OP and answers 1-3 of this thread all involve posters with little history here.

Please note that the number 1 appears to be from the company and here follows a copy and paste translation::

"With regard to your complaint ... we want to inform you on the part of the management of our agency and travel that we would like to know your name and your ticket number to help us give a response, since that without this information it is not possible to give you the answer you want, and the date by which you bought your transport service."

Here is my modest proposal:

Presuming that this is a real complaint, maybe you could provide the requested information here and see what happens?

Alabama
Level Contributor
758 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Casa Verde Travel Agency- do not use

That sounds logical, Duende. The OP probably won't do that, however.

Maryland, USA
Level Contributor
207 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Casa Verde Travel Agency- do not use

Number 3 probably didn't either.

Panajachel...
Level Contributor
103 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Casa Verde Travel Agency- do not use

Something to be aware of is that while you may make your reservation with Casa Verde, a different company may provide the actual shuttle. The agencies all work together this way. Last week I booked with Case Verde in San Pedro, the van arrived on time in San Juan, and we had a pleasant trip. The driver told me he and the van were from La Ceiba agency. So be sure your van and driver were actually from Casa Verde.

And if you have a valid complaint, submit it to Inguat with as many details as possible.

San Pedro La...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Casa Verde Travel Agency- do not use

I'm sorry this was your experience, but I'd like to say I have used Casa Verde half a dozen times a year over 4 years and have only once had a problem like yours, which Mari rectified immediately by calling on another bus to pick me up and deliver me.

So...I wouldn't judge an agency by one experience, tho of course these forums are important in making people become more accountable.

Guatemala City...
Level Contributor
1 post
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Casa Verde Travel Agency- do not use

I was about to post a good review for Casa Verde Tours, but I just found out we were robbed. I'm really mad cause my friends and I had to pay Q50 from Antigua to San pedro and Q50 from San Pedro to Antigua. We where 5 so they charged us Q150 more than what it should've been and they didn't even gave us a ticket. If they get to read this post, let me tell you that I'm form Guatemala City and my mother owns one of the best known boutique travel agencies here, and I will NEVER recommend your service cause what you do is stealing from your clients. In addition, I will send my complaint to INGUAT to make sure they know how you work and they can control the service you provide.

Estaba a punto de escribir un buen comentario para Casa Verde Tours, pero me acabo de dar cuenta que nos robaron. Estoy muy molesta, pues mis amigas y yo pagamos Q50 de antigua para san pedro y Q50 de san pedro hacia antigua. Nosotras éramos 5, así que en total pagamos Q150 mas de lo que debería ser y ni siquiera nos dieron comprobantes o tickets. Si la gente de esta empresa lee este comentario, dejenme decirles que soy de la ciudad de guatemala y mi mama es dueña de una de las agencias más conocidas y yo me voy a asegurar que nunca se recomiende su servicio, porque lo que ustedes hacen es robar a sus clientes. Además, voy a presentar mi queja a INGUAT para que estén al tanto de la situación y controlen el servicio que ustedes dan.

Get answers to your questions about San Pedro La Laguna