We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Low Season

Which San Pedro La Laguna hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Punta Uva, Costa...
Level Contributor
291 posts
119 reviews
Save Topic
Low Season

The hotels all list July as part of the Low Season, but when they're contacted they all quote high season prices and claim they have no vacancies in July.

Anyone?

Thank you.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
29 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Low Season

I'm guessing that they are full because it's summer vacation for most people in the Northern Hemisphere. Lots of tourists come to visit and to study Spanish during the summer months.

In general, May to October is the rainy season, so hotel rates are often lower. However, not all hotels lower their rates during rainy season. Hotel rates can also vary depending on whether or not a major festival is scheduled during your visit. See this website for some of these festivals: travelyucatan.com/maya/guatemala_travel_tips…

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
10,840 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Low Season

I'm curious about 'the hotels all list': which hotels have you contacted? The hotels I contacted for groups for last July (Sak'Cari and Mikaso in San Pedro) did fill up - popular and great value.

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
10,840 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Low Season

Here are the links - both great places to stay that don't list low season rates so maybe they're not on your list:

http://hotel-sakcari.com/

http://www.mikasohotel.com/

Punta Uva, Costa...
Level Contributor
291 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Low Season

I don't wish to air any laundry on this tiny forum, but the low season was listed as ending July 31. :)

Punta Uva, Costa...
Level Contributor
291 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Low Season

Many thanks.

:)

Bethesda, MD
Level Contributor
2,714 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Low Season

In my experience over a number of years, hotels tend to have the same rates most of the year. They raise their rates for days around Christmas and Semana Santa. I've never traveled in Guatemala in July facing a situation where all, or even most, of the hotels were already fully booked in April.

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
10,840 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Low Season

Hi, 7days - which hotel? I'm curious because I don't see it on the websites of those 2. From your photo, looks like you could use a little spring-like weather - San Pedro is a good choice. :-)

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Low Season

I find that the rates don't change much from season to season. At that time of year, you can just show up - there will be lots of availability. Sak'cari and Mikaso are great. And if they're full, try the Hotel San Antonio. If a hostel is more your bag, Mr. Mullets is worth investigating.

You'll love the Lake Atitlan area.

Punta Uva, Costa...
Level Contributor
291 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Low Season

Thank you, DC.!

Punta Uva, Costa...
Level Contributor
291 posts
119 reviews