We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

family vacation in Tubac?

new York
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
family vacation in Tubac?

Hi, we are a family with 3 boys (13, 11 and 9) visiting parents in Chandler next week. We will have 3 free days and are thinking about having a mini-vacation. We have done Tucson in the past 3 years years. I want to do Sedona this year but my husband says it's too cold. Is Tubac a good family vacation destination? Tubac Golf and Spa looks like a good hotel but I see no reviewers with young children. Are there things to do for pre-teens in the area? Is the area safe?

I appreciate your input!!

Thank you.

11 replies to this topic
tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
16,641 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: family vacation in Tubac?

Donbacsi: The geography of the area south of Tucson makes a difference in what people perceive. Patagonia and Sonoita are separate towns, and are not perceived by people as being part of any region. They are also on the other side of the Santa Rita Mountains from Tubac. Your ideas about Tombstone and Bisbee are great. The family can consider them.

Unless the family members are experienced riders, they won't be able to ride horses in any direction. Typical rides are trail rides accompanied by a wrangler. Usually taking lessons is also an option. The reality of going horseback riding today is that the necessity of insurance limits the freedom one might have in riding, unless you own the horses.

There's also no lodging in Sonoita other than B&Bs. There is plenty of lodging in the Tombstone and Bisbee areas.

Reply to: family vacation in Tubac?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tubac
Recent Conversations