We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kazantip 2014

Toulouse, France
13 posts
Save Topic
Kazantip 2014

Hi all,

I'd like to know is someone is going to Kazantip this year. I was thinking about going with some friends since last year. But now we're worried about the situation in Crimea.

The Festival happens from July 31st till August 14th. We are wondering about the mood of local people and Tourist Operators regarding the Festival.

Could you, please, give us a feedback about what people feel about going to the festival?

Regards,

Leo

Lviv, Ukraine
Level Contributor
503 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Kazantip 2014

I was going to Kazantip festival evry year since 1998 (but missed later couple of years).

Now - with Crimea official status as occupied territory - probably wouldn't go...

Knowing local people there (in Myrnyi and Popovka) - I'd say they feel really bad about later events.

Also - to western tourists - from safety reasons - taking into attention Russian extreme anti-western (anti-European included) propaganda - and obvious majority of tourists from Russia (if Kazantip festival will take place this year) - would recommend thinking twice.

Edited: 22 March 2014, 16:20
Toulouse, France
13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Kazantip 2014

Thanks for your answer.

People from Kazantip is confirming the event.

But, yes! You're right.

So bad I'll have to cancel my travel plans... :(

Melbourne, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Kazantip 2014

I've been trying the gauge the situation in Crimea through online posts and I've decided I'm going to keep my plans and go to Kazantip. I might not get another chance to go.

Does anyone have any advice on accommodation in Popovka or Myrnyi? Or any other advice for a first-time attendee?

Kyiv
Destination Expert
for Kiev, Ukraine
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
320 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kazantip 2014

Thought I'll repost here as well..

The Parliament of Ukraine has recently adopted the Law of Ukraine on Protection of Citizens’ Rights and Freedoms and on the Legal Framework in the Temporary Occupied Territories No1207-VII of April 15, 2014. As soon as I have a bit of a free time, I’ll post here its main provisions.

One of these states that the entrance/exit of foreigners to the temporary occupied territory is only possible on the basis of a special permit. The procedure will be adopted by the Government.

The violation of entry regime is subject to administrative fines or detention.

Just FYI.

Kyiv
Destination Expert
for Kiev, Ukraine
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
320 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kazantip 2014

And it has just been announced that Ukraine temporarily closes some of its border crossing points at the border with and in Crimea, including the airports in Simferopol, Sevastopol, ferry port in Kerch, sea ports in Sevastopol, Yalta, Kerch, Yevpatoria, Chornomorsk, Feodosia and some others.

London, United...
Level Contributor
99 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kazantip 2014

It's moved to Georgia anyway. Which will be... interesting.

Kyiv
Destination Expert
for Kiev, Ukraine
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
320 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kazantip 2014

Is it? Thanks for letting know, Greg.

Kyiv
Destination Expert
for Kiev, Ukraine
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
320 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kazantip 2014

Tried to find some official confirmation, but only found conflicting news reports on this.

Georgia tourism minister, indeed, announced such possible movement, but then the Z-project founder seemed to have confuted it.

9. Re: Kazantip 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 06 May 2014, 04:05
Melbourne, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Kazantip 2014

It's not like Ukraine can do anything though as long as you're entering/leaving Crimea via Russia or Turkey right?

I think it would be highly unlikely the event would move from its current location. What's the source of that rumour?