We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather this week

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
15 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Weather this week

We are going to Williams this Thursday 2/21. We're going to be driving from Caifornia. I see there is a 20 - 30 % chance of snow. How will that affect my drive? Is the drive more or less going to be safe? Will this affect us being able to see the Grand Canyon? Please tell me what you think as I am considering rescheduling our trip on the Grandcanyon Railway.

Thanks!

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
58,336 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather this week

At this point, it doesn't look like the weather will have a significant impact on your travel plans. Just be careful about driving during a snowstorm. Be prepared to get off the road if snowfall becomes heavy and wait out the storm.

Snow only enhances the GC. It shouldn't stop the train either. But I'm sure you understand that you will not see the canyon from the train at all.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather this week

The only spot that will really cause any problems is the area called Ash Fork hill its a steep hill from Ash Fork to Williams (only 13 miles) make sure to have the weight in your trunk evenly spread out on your tires. And also have extra food and waer in the vehicle. You should be fine I wouldn't let it dampen your vacation. I'd only worry if it show 40% or more. Best to check www.az511.com or dial 511 from ANY phone for road conditions. I wouldn't worry about it. The GC is awwesome with snow.

3. Re: Weather this week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 07:16