We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bars/Nightlife

Hampshire, England
Level Contributor
53 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
Bars/Nightlife

Hey guys,

Was wondering what the nightlife was like is Williams. Are there any good bars? What are the closing times at the weekends?

Any recommendations appreciated!

Katy

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
58,763 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bars/Nightlife

I'm sure that Dragonflylady will post here for you about local hangouts. But if you have a designated driver, Flagstaff is only about a 20 minute drive and with the university student population there, you'll find much more nightlife in Flag.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bars/Nightlife

Hi Katy

We have a couple of good bars. One is the Canyon Club and the other is the Sultana. They are kind of rough neck places but are a lot of fun. I am not sure what time they close but I am sure its about midnight or 1am ish. As far as night life thats it. If you are looking for country or more of live music you will have to go into Flagstaff but you don't want to be drinking and driving at night so I won't recommend any at this time. Most of Williams closes down about 9-10pm this time of the year since most of the tourist have left. I am not sure when you are going to be visiting here but that makes a huge difference as well.

www.williamschamber.com/index.cfm…

http://williamsnews.com/

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i3541-Northern_…

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
48 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bars/Nightlife

bars close at 2AM in arizona. If you take the 20 minute drive to Flagstaff, you will get a ticket! Figure on 35 to 40 minutes providing you do not hit a elk on the way. The Grand Canyon brewery, World famous Saltana, and the canyon club are the 3 bars. Restraunt bars all close by 10pm (when they roll up the streets in willians).

Hampshire, England
Level Contributor
53 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bars/Nightlife

Thank you very much for responses! We aren't hiring a car so would get a taxi to Flagstaff (any ideas on price?) We'll probably have a chilled/early night one night and go out at least one other into Flagstaff.

We will be staying there 3rd-5th October :)

Thanks again, guys!!

Marina, California
Destination Expert
for Tucson
Level Contributor
6,215 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bars/Nightlife

When in Flagstaff, be sure to hit Beaver Street Brewery and the Monte Vista. There's also Charlie's inside the Weatherford, which is a little more upscale.

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
6,529 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bars/Nightlife

Getting a taxi in Williams or Flagstaff isn't like hailing a cab in London. They aren't found on street corners, for the most part - you need to almost call one in advance. The cab fare from Williams to Flagstaff and back would most likely be very expensive - probably more than actually renting a car. I'm sure you could arrange for one, just know that it won't be cheap.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
58,763 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bars/Nightlife

Given the details of your stay in Williams, I think you'll probably be best off going out for a beverage there and forget about going all the way to Flagstaff.

Marina, California
Destination Expert
for Tucson
Level Contributor
6,215 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bars/Nightlife

There are, actually, quite a few taxis in Downtown Flagstaff waiting around after about midnight on the weekends. Particularly when it's cold. But, yeah, Williams, probably not so much.

Hampshire, England
Level Contributor
53 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bars/Nightlife

That's fine, we're more than happy to stay in Williams and will probably appreciate some chill time before going to Vegas!

Thanks again for all your advice, guys!

10. Re: Bars/Nightlife

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 15:16