We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Winslow RV park/motel?

Scottsburg, IN
Level Contributor
5 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Winslow RV park/motel?

We are planning a trip to Winslow in late September -- my 91-yr-old father has always wanted to see Meteor Crater. My family will be in a motorhome, but we want to put Dad in a hotel or motel where he will be more comfortable. Is there an RV park near a hotel or motel, or perhaps a B&B? Or a B&B which would let us park an RV for a fee?

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,889 posts
1,048 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Winslow RV park/motel?

Hi and welcome to TripAdvisor. Sorry I can't be much help as I've never been there! I checked on www.rvparkreviews.com and none of them mentioned a motel next door, or cabins.

Maybe contact the Winslow Chamber of Commerce?

Phoenix
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
2,456 posts
303 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Winslow RV park/motel?

Winslow is an odd little town yet every time I visit there I manage to find out something new to see or do. I can't help you in regards to a motorhome but if you contact their Chamber of Commerce, I'm sure they'd try to be of help to you . The nicest hotel in town is La Posada - nice historic hotel with a good restaurant (best in town) with lots to see and do on their grounds. The rooms are very reasonable but even if you don't stay there you can buy a self guided tour book for $3.00 in the gift shop and walk around educating yourself about the art and history of the hotel. The trains out back are entertaining all by themselves. Last week I learned that their Remembrance Garden contains two steel beams from the wreckage of the World Trade Center. What a solemn thing to come across in a sleepy little town. Of course don't miss out "Standing on the Corner" in Winslow a tourist photo favorite. There are basically two streets in town - each one way running in different directions.

3. Re: Winslow RV park/motel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2011, 07:24