We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yuma?

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Yuma?

We are moving to Baja Sur and driving through Yuma next week. We are wondering if we should stay in Yuma (if so, we need a secure location as we are pulling a trailer and sea kayaks and such) or push on to a town closer to Tecate, if there is one? Any advice would be appreciated. We're also traveling with two small dogs.

Adirondack, New York
Level Contributor
3,971 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yuma?

Yuma has a lot to offer. It is a clean bright town with exceptionally nice people. I wrote about my last year's visit somewhere on this forum. However, it looks you just need to stay overnight so it really doesn't make difference where, does it? many new hotels in Yuma. We stayed in Springhill Suites and there was also Fairfield Inn next to it. Very safe and lots of parking space. If you are not certain I would call and ask about parking for extra things you are bringing with you. Good luck

Mentioned in this post
SpringHill Suites Yuma
SpringHill Suites Yuma
93 Reviews
Yuma, AZ
Marina, California
Destination Expert
for Tucson
Level Contributor
6,817 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Yuma?

If going to Tecate, your best option is Yuma, unless you're willing to go all the way out to El Cajon or closer to SD.

There are several brand new hotels on I-8 at the US 95 (16th Street) exit and a brand new Holiday Inn Express at the Highway 280 exit. All of them will have extra parking room for a trailer. Not sure about the dogs though.

Mentioned in this post
Holiday Inn Express Yuma
Holiday Inn Express Yuma
183 Reviews
Yuma, AZ
Yuma, AZ.
Level Contributor
6 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Yuma?

Yuma has more than three brand new hotels plus several older ones that are right along Interstate 8.(exit 2) There has been no crimes noted in the area of the hotels and they are all near the mall.

Yuma, AZ
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Yuma?

I know this is an old post but in case others have the same question. The Coronado Motel has some garages available. It's an older notel but well kept. The garage would be a secure place to put a trailer or boat.

5. Re: Yuma?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2010, 05:15