We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tourist from Kathmandu to Nagarkot

New York, New York...
1 post
Save Topic
Tourist from Kathmandu to Nagarkot

Can anyone tell me where exactly is the location where I can find the tourist bus to Nagarkot in Kathmandu and how can I get the ticket for that? I saw some posts saying its in North Thamel or Lainchaur but i couldnt find it... Please help!!!!

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,261 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tourist from Kathmandu to Nagarkot

to my knowledge there are public buses that leave from bhakatapur - to get to bhaktapur you need to catch a bus from Kathmandu (main bus terminal at Ratna Park) - but these public buses are quite the ride - you will turn this 40 km (30 mile or so) trip into a half a day journey. needless to say people packed like sardines - all the dust and smoke for free along with goats chickens as companions - will make a memorable experience and endless material for you travel blog though

not sure if there are any tyota commuter vans that leave from thamel directly? may be others can comment.

i think you would be better off getting a taxi and getting there directly. expect to pay about $20-25 for the trip each way. work it out with the driver such that he will be back to pick you up after you are done.

Edited: 01 October 2012, 05:25
Jhumri Telaiya...
Level Contributor
321 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tourist from Kathmandu to Nagarkot

Hi

Agreed with Neupaneaj ! Once I went to Bhaktapur by local bus via picturesque Thimi Village, there was a bus leaving from Bhaktapur to Nagarkot, there are few buses running between Bhaktapur to Nagarkot. For good quality Buses, you have to take a package tour starting from Kathmandu to Nagarkot- night stay and back or else Taxi is also available but little bit costly in comparison to local buses. during my another trip, when I went to Kathmandu, I borrowed my friends Hero Honda bike and went to Nagarkot alone, clicked many photographs and returned back to KTM at about 8 P.M.

Thanks

Alok

Kathmandu
Level Contributor
17 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tourist from Kathmandu to Nagarkot

Kathmandu to Nagarkot around 30km (one way), no one tourist bus can go Nagarkot there is only local buses are going that buses are not comfortable. I will suggest to you go by taxi (USD 20) or Private car (UDS 30) same day returning.

4. Re: Tourist from Kathmandu to Nagarkot

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2015, 15:15
Get answers to your questions about Nagarkot
Recent Conversations