We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nagarkot Hotels

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Nagarkot Hotels

Hello

I want to book a hotel that is close to restaurants and amenities; I do not want to be isolated. Can you please help me understand how close hotels are to each other and what the community is like. I am interested in the Fort Resort, Club Himalaya and Hotel Country Villa. For these three, are they isolated or near other amenities.

Many thanks

Tracy

Cumbria
Level Contributor
4,876 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nagarkot Hotels

Why Book in advance ??

Far better to just arrive, check out several hotels and then choose the one that suits you the best

By doing this you will cut out at least on middleman, save a lot of money, probably get a better room and can see what you are getting before handing over your hard earned cash ;-)

Good Luck

Rob

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
53,810 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nagarkot Hotels

Don't expect a serious restaurant scene. In Nagarkot, unlike e.g. Pokhara and Thamel-Kathmandu, people tend to eat at their guesthouse/hotel so separate restaurants, while existent, are far apart...

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

France
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
3,450 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nagarkot Hotels

I have stayed in Hotel Country Village which is on the top of the hill with other lodges around. Club Himalaya is also a nice place but pretty expensive comparing to Country Villa. Personally I suggest you to stay in Country Village as it offers you better views from the roof of the hotel. There are other lodges around so I am sure that you won't feel unsafe. But the thing is that it's not crowded like Kathmandu and Pokhara so you tend to meet few people only.

God Luck!

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,261 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nagarkot Hotels

depending on when you go pre-booking may not be a bad way to go

in high season these hotels fill up pretty quickly

people go to nagarkot looking for some isolation …..haha.....

like above post says restaurants you find are within the hotels themselves

all within walking distance of 15 mins or less.

for example, walking distance from fort resort to club himalaya is 10 mins or so

bar (& rest.) hoping between hotels can be done if you are looking for some crowd and noise

hotel himalaya sits on top of a hill, so does country village while fort resort sits on more of a shoulder

....all these three have decent views.

i prefer fort resort for it’s “isolated” location but the restaurant service sucks

France
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
3,450 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nagarkot Hotels

Forgive me for wrong name of the hotel:

The hotel I was trying to say is Hotel View Point but not Country Villa. Please read their reviews here:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g315763-d457106…

The information I wrote above is same but only the name is different. It had to be Hotel View Point.

Good Luck!

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
1,728 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nagarkot Hotels

Hi

Club Himalaya is an excellent property rather expensive but worth staying at that.

cheers

7. Re: Nagarkot Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2016, 17:15
Get answers to your questions about Nagarkot
Recent Conversations