We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

U25 Car Hire from Barcelona Vs Bus

Which Pas de la Casa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sligo, Ireland
Level Contributor
7 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
U25 Car Hire from Barcelona Vs Bus

There is a group of 7 of us heading to Pas on Jan 23rd, looking at car hire many of the companies either charge a hefty amount for fuel and/or to leave Spain. Anyone got any recommendations for rental companies, or any suggestions. The bus is more expensive but possibly an easier option.

Finland
Level Contributor
894 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: U25 Car Hire from Barcelona Vs Bus

We have booked a car with Sixt at the Barcelona airport. I ended up going with them as they have good prices and were recommended on these forums. They seem to have 7 pax vans as well. If you pay up front they give a small discount.

Someone had mentioned that some rental companies charge extra if you take the car to Andorra. Sixt confirmed me by email that they have no extra costs or limitations for that.

Probably the other companies are good too. Just be careful if you go through cartrawler or the like, rather book direct.

Hopkinton, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: U25 Car Hire from Barcelona Vs Bus

Please post how well this worked for you..I had big issues with Sixt in Dublin. They wanted us to take expensive insurance, or post a 10,000 euro deposit for damages! Then the car they rented us was full of dents and paint damage--which I had the agent detail before we left. In the end, there were no issues having our deposit returned.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,514 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: U25 Car Hire from Barcelona Vs Bus

We booked through Easycar. You can chose if you want full/full or full/empty renters. For Andorra go for full/full as you will not use a full tank just going there and back.

I think they had some that were for under 25s (just).

Don't forget there may be an extra premium for going outside Spain.

Sligo, Ireland
Level Contributor
7 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: U25 Car Hire from Barcelona Vs Bus

I ended up renting with Centauro who picked us up at the terminal and a 2-3min drive to their rental place. We did have to pay a little extra for leaving Spain, we paid 30euro for full/full option but upon arrival the diesel price they quoted us was pretty decent and they refunded the 30euros.

We got the super excess insurance, all was pretty easy, friendly staff.

My only compliant was the snowchains we got were broken, picked up a new set for cheaper than the rental price.

5. Re: U25 Car Hire from Barcelona Vs Bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2014, 18:56
6. Re: U25 Car Hire from Barcelona Vs Bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 June 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Pas de la Casa