We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eureka Springs or Branson?

Which Eureka Springs hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Orange, Texas
Level Contributor
156 posts
124 reviews
Save Topic
Eureka Springs or Branson?

We've never been to Branson and were thinking of going there in the fall, but we heard that Eureka Springs is just as good but not as crowded (which sounds good to us). Okay, those of you who know, Eureka Springs or Branson? Thanks for the info.

USA/Tennessee
Level Contributor
323 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eureka Springs or Branson?

They are not that far apart. I would visit both. Branson has the music shows and outlet malls. Eureka Springs is more laid back, quainter. The houses are victorian. The streets are curvy. Great atmosphere. Visit both and then decide which to revisit.

Ward, AR
Level Contributor
878 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eureka Springs or Branson?

Agree with Susie. Eureka is a very cute little town that deserves a visit. There are quite a few restaurants listed on here that have good food reviews. Eureka has a gardens, Christ of the Ozarks statue, piece of Berlin Wall, Thorncrown glass chapel, Turpentine Creek Wildlife Refuge nearby and nice shops. Allow 2-3 days in Eureka and spend the rest in Branson.

Broken Arrow...
Level Contributor
292 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eureka Springs or Branson?

You have got some good replies...to me Branson & Eureka are like apples and oranges, ES doesn't have a stoplight in the whole town and it definately is much slower paced than Branson-it is also much smaller than Branson and has a completely different vibe...

How long are you planning to be in the area? Because you could spend a few days in Eureka then drive over to Branson. If you want to see a show while in ES then I can reccomend the Ozark Mountain Hoe Down, lots of great places to dine like Gaskin's cabin, Devito's,The Rowdy Beaver,Bubba's BBQ,Mud Street Cafe for breakfast- just to name a few and your choices of lodging are endless-We just returned from ES and stayed at the Eureka House,it was perfect in every way imaginable. ES also has one-of-a-kind shops.

We are going to Branson this summer and we enjoy both places for different reasons...

Orange, Texas
Level Contributor
156 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eureka Springs or Branson?

Thanks to all for the helpful information. I think I'm leaning more towards ES. Now, to plan! Thanks again for responding.

Beebe, Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock
Level Contributor
2,299 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eureka Springs or Branson?

I think I would plan on staying at both towns...

Eureka would be fun for a couple of nights,

I would get bored after a couple of days,,In eureka ,

Branson has alot to offer besides shows...

I rarely see a show when I am there,,,,,,,,

There are two lakes to enjoy, from camping to fishing to a showboat cruise including a dinner and a show (showboat branson belle)

Branson has some really good restaurants, from local to good chain..

The new branson landing on the banks of lake taneycomo, With a bass pro shop and a water feature that features a fire and water show....Free.....

There is a veterans museum that has the worlds largest bronze statue of a full size soldier for all 50 states...It is a really good tribute to our fighting men and woman.

There is a new sight and sound theater opening in branson that has a 300 foot stage with live animals that tell the story of noahs ark....

www.bransonlanding.com

sight-sound-branson.com

www.showboatbransonbelle.com

www.veteransmemorialbranson.com

And make sure to check out the cresent hotel in Eureka Springs,

It was built in 1886 and is said to be haunted..

www.crescent-hotel.com

And the great passion play with the christ of the ozarks ...

www.greatpassionplay.com

USA/Tennessee
Level Contributor
323 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Eureka Springs or Branson?

If you do go to Eureka Springs and like Italian meals, I strongly suggest dining at Ermilios. Wonderful, wish I could dine there tonight. Yummy!!

Springfield...
Level Contributor
1 post
85 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Eureka Springs or Branson?

Ha! I will be dining at Ermilio's on Saturday night!

As for Branson vs. Eureka Springs, they are indeed apples and oranges. I live in Springfield MO and have been to Branson dozens upon dozens of times, and this weekend will be my third trip to Eureka Springs. Branson offers far more things to do, but is very commercial. Eureka is limited as far as activities are concerned, but has a great atmosphere and a very "quaint" feeling to it.

If you want to just relax and take it easy, go to Eureka Springs. If you more prefer action/excitement, go to Branson.

Liverpool UK
Level Contributor
134 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Eureka Springs or Branson?

Eureka Springs for us every time. Been there three times over the last six years and each time were captivated by the place. To us, born and bred in Liverpool, UK, the scenery alone was worth the journey.

Maybe we will get there again next year!!

Hope so....

Bull Shoals is also a good place to visit - specially if you fish.

Ya'll have nice vacations now, y'hear! (see, we can almost speak the language).

Best wishes to all from this Scouser.

Little Rock...
Destination Expert
for Little Rock
Level Contributor
312 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Eureka Springs or Branson?

Branson is the tour bus capital of the world. It's sort of a Las Vegus without the gambling, maybe more like the Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg, Dollywood area in Tennessee.

Grand Terrace...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Eureka Springs or Branson?

I camped in Eureka Springs for 2 weeks and to this day I can look back and say it was 2 of the most perfect weeks in my life

Get answers to your questions about Eureka Springs