We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flood Warning and Weather related concerns

Plano, Texas
2 posts
Save Topic
Flood Warning and Weather related concerns

Hi everyone,

We're driving to Eureka Springs from Dallas tomorrow for the long weekend. My parents are driving from kansas City, MO tto meet us there. We're concerned about the highways over there. 23 and 62 appear to be impacted by the rains/floods.

Any advice on this aspect of our trip? Are there alternate ways to get to the town center if 23 and 62 are not accessible?

I hope to hear back from some of you!

Thanks,

Mentioned in this post
Fayetteville...
Destination Expert
for Seabrook Island
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flood Warning and Weather related concerns

One section of 62 did collapse making the road one lane only. This was only in a small section and I can't remember where it was. I'll do some searching.

FWIW, the weekend is suppose to be fabulous-sunny and HOT.

Fayetteville...
Destination Expert
for Seabrook Island
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flood Warning and Weather related concerns

Here's the story: 5newsonline.com/news/…501184.story

Here's the list of closures, etc put out by the hwy dept (look down at Carroll County, route 62).http://www.arkansashighways.com/lanes/caslanesp.htm

It appears 62 coming out of Springdale will be your only hitch. The road is open with one lane. Nothing has been said about Hwy 23. I've got to believe from Fayetteville to Eureka via 23 you'd have no problems.

Mentioned in this post
Plano, Texas
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Flood Warning and Weather related concerns

Thank you SO much for your input! I greatly appreciate it especially as my parents are quite worried. This is great info. Thanks, thanks, thanks!

:-)

Ward, AR
Level Contributor
878 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flood Warning and Weather related concerns

hwy 187 and 264 are flooded at the bridges going over Beaver Lake. The Little Golden Gate Bridge going over to Beaver city (187) and Holiday Island was flooded last week when we were there and is still listed as flooded as of this morning after rains 2 days ago. We saw the part of 62 that had fallen off and was one laned. Lost about 3 feet of the road going west out of Eureka Springs. Wasn't much traffic going out that way so we had no problems.

Mentioned in this post
Beaver Lake
Beaver Lake
577 Reviews
Eureka Springs, AR
Ward, AR
Level Contributor
878 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flood Warning and Weather related concerns

www.arkansashighways.com has a map under travelers section that you can see red highlights for problem areas.

6. Re: Flood Warning and Weather related concerns

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2012, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Eureka Springs
Recent Conversations