We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RV park

Texarkana, Arkansas
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
RV park

Any input on Wanderlust, KOA or other campgrounds in or near Eureka Springs.

Ward, AR
Level Contributor
878 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: RV park

Here's a web-site with some very good detailed reviews on rv parks around Eureka Springs: rvparkreviews.com/regions/Arkansas/Eureka_Sp…

Texarkana, Arkansas
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: RV park

Yes, thanks! I have read those and they were helpful.

Arkansas Ozarks
Level Contributor
1,231 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: RV park

Wanderlust is on the road to the Great Passion Play; I"ve seen larger motor homes there. Wanderlust has much less shade than the Kettle Campground on Highway 62. I haven't camped at either one but have camped the dam site park at Beaver Lake. It is a longer drive back and forth to town.

Texarkana, Arkansas
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: RV park

Thanks. The shade is important but we have a large dually deisel guzzler so I need to be where we can catch the Trolley. From what I have read the kettle and Wanderlust both have trolley stops. We also would like to have wi-fi.

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
22 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: RV park

just curious if you have had your trip yet. We were looking at Wanderlust and would really like some feedback on the park. We are planning a trip in Sept. in a 30 foot fifth wheel trailer along with another couple in a 34 foot fifthe wheel. Thanks

St. Louis
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: RV park

Hi,

We are at the Wonderlust right now (free wi-fi!). Very clean facilities and nice sites with convenient trolley service at the park. Great pull thru sites for larger rigs. Not much shade, but level sites and nice amenities (pool, hot grill, free popcorn, etc.). I felt the rates were very reasonable...and you can purchase all day trolley passes from the office.

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
22 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: RV park

thanks for the info. How is the weather? It is still so hot here. Hoping the weather cools off some before we leave, the third week in Sept. I was hoping for more shade but maybe it want be needed. Hope you have a good trip

Deborah

St. Louis
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: RV park

Hi Deborah,

We lucked out - the weather overall was beautiful...pleasant mid 80s during the day and low 70s at night. We slept with the windows open. The first night in Eureka Springs we stayed at the COE campground at Beaver Lake, but unfortunately it rained, so we weren't able to enjoy the lake much. Though the lake was beautiful, the campground there was a bit rustic where we were camped (fine showers, but no flush toilets). Though I understand that many of the reservable sites were full hook ups.

The weather should be quite pleasant when you visit in Sept. Have fun!

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
22 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: RV park

The campsites we have reserved are sites 83 and 84. They are back-ins right beside the restrooms and dump station. Do you remember these spots and if so what is your opinion? I really like to know what to expect when we stay at a new campground and this is really a blessing to have someone to ask that is not financially involved in the answers you receive for your questions. Thank you for all your help.

Deborah

10. Re: RV park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 19:18
Get answers to your questions about Eureka Springs
Recent Conversations