We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eureka Springs has an Identity issue.

Chaska, Minnesota
Level Contributor
3 posts
191 reviews
Save Topic
Eureka Springs has an Identity issue.

We visited 7-4-12

While this is a unique little Ozark Mountain town, it is very apparent that E.S. Is having some sort of identity crisis. Are they a romantic little Boutique town filled with Bistros and Hip Eateries, where you can stay at a quaint B&B's that beckons you to sleep in and cuddle? Are they a Hog haven catering to Bikers. Or do they want you to bring the kiddies and frolic by the shore of Beaver lake.

1 post
Save Reply
11. Re: Eureka Springs has an Identity issue.

You have hit upon one of the main reasons to research before traveling. Eureka Springs has been known as an eclectic place for many years. However, whether they are aging hippies or rowdy bikers, they all are truely friendly southern folks and will make you feel at home. As for the businesses, the economy is slow and Arkansas' tax rate being higher than that of our neighbors, it doesn't exactly encourage growth.

Yukon, Ok
Level Contributor
22 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Eureka Springs has an Identity issue.

Lori, I thought you were being sarcastic at first because everything you described is exactly what I love about Eureka Springs. I have been to many towns that have done what you suggest and it felt like the town had an agenda that I had to follow. not so with E S everybody is so much more relaxed then most places you can have a beer with a biker or tea with a yuppie and have the same conversation. I hope it never changes

Edited: 31 August 2012, 21:36
13. Re: Eureka Springs has an Identity issue.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2013, 10:16
Get answers to your questions about Eureka Springs
Recent Conversations