We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary help needed please

brentwood tennessee
Level Contributor
31 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary help needed please

First time to Arkansas.

Arrive afternoon about 5;00pm on October 19 2012 from Nashville.

Trip advisor forums mention the following:

-Little rock, hot springs, eureka springs, blanchard cave, (Branson), mt. magazine, Ozark Forrest, Fayetteville,  state parks, mtn view, buffalo river.

We will depart noon on Tuesday October 23.

3 Full days - Saturday, Sunday, Monday.

Best itinerary to enjoy and see a lot.

Family of 3- 2 adults 40's, one teen girl 17.

Thank you

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock, Arkansas
Level Contributor
3,335 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary help needed please

So you arrive in Eureka Springs from Nashville at 5 pm on a Friday and leave from Eureka? on Tuesday noon? Confused about where you arrive and from where you depart.

If you arrive in Eureka on Saturday after a long drive from Nashville, I would definitely take it easy in Eureka on Sunday. Have lunch or dinner at Local Flavors, a pleasant and reliable spot on the main drag and just walk the streets of this interesting Victorian town. Don't miss Thorncrown Chapel, one of America's most beautiful buildings which made the cover of Time Magazine.

If you like Crafts Fairs, the mother of all such events in the area is on when you are there at nearby War Eagle Mill. https://www.wareaglemill.com/fair.html

Even if you don't like art all that much, trust me, Crystal Bridges Museum is the best thing the Walton family ever did with all our Walmart checkout bucks. It would be a shame not to visit this extremely amazing place since you are so close (45 min or so from Eureka). www.crystalbridges.org/

On your way back to Nashville I would do one of two things - if you like nature, stop at Petit Jean State Park. Stay the night in their newly restored lodging and hike the beautiful trails with amazing views. www.petitjeanstatepark.com/

or if you like presidential history, the Clinton Presidential Library and Museum is right on your way in downtown Little Rock. There are nice places to stay nearby and fun dining and entertainment as well. www.clintonlibrary.gov/

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,335 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary help needed please

Sorry - I meant "if you arrive in Eureka on Friday late, you would probably want to take it easy in Eureka on Saturday (I said 'Sunday' by mistake in my above message) and soak up the sights around town".

brentwood tennessee
Level Contributor
31 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary help needed please

Clarification- live in Nashville area. Will drive into arkansas. No specific destination other than spend these days exploring Arkansas.

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,335 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Itinerary help needed please

1. On a good day Nashville is about 5 hours to Little Rock (if you miss Nashville and Memphis rush hours); however, there is currently an annoying delay between the Wheatley and Hazen exits in the Memphis to LR stretch. This has been going on for many weeks now. I have made the run 6 times and every time the delay is different in both duration and location - from 35 minutes to over an hour. I have begun just getting off at these two exits and taking a nearby parallel old two lane highway 70 because I don't like standstill traffic. You might try calling the main number at the Arkansas Highway Department the week before your trip to check the status.

2. I personally would still consider the several destinations I mentioned above. If you like caves you might also take a look at Blanchard Caverns and if you really love mountain top lodges, Mt Magazine views and the lodge are staggeringly beautiful.

3. So one itinerary might be to take the long drive that first day all the way to Northwest Arkansas (about 7 hours plus any construction delays) staying at Inn at the Mill in Johnson the first night. www.innatthemill.com

Go to Crystal Bridges Museum on Saturday morning.

Drive to Eureka Springs Saturday afternoon and spend the night (you may have trouble with reserving accommodations due to the craft festival so need to make them now). Dinner at Local Flavors

Spend Sunday walking Eureka and taking in the craft festival at nearby War Eagle Mill. Spend another night in Eureka.

Up early on Monday and drive through the glorious Ozarks Monday down to Petit Jean State Park and stay at the newly restored lodge.

Head back Tuesday with a stop at the Clinton Library in Little Rock.

Or another itinerary would be to go straight to beautiful Mt Magazine Lodge- or cabins. (get on waiting list now if they say they are full). Use Mt Magazine as a base. Drive to Crystal Bridges one day - Petit Jean another day. Drive back through Little Rock and see Clinton Center.

Others will offer more possibilities-

5. Re: Itinerary help needed please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 02:17
Get answers to your questions about Eureka Springs