We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mardi Gras

Which Eureka Springs hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Mardi Gras

Are there big events for Mardi Gras? Does this particular holiday draw a lot of people to Eureka Springs? Thanks!

AR
Level Contributor
3,577 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mardi Gras

Not usually.

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock, Arkansas
Level Contributor
3,321 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mardi Gras

Here are the events scheduled for Mardi Gras in Eureka.

February 16

Eureka Gras Mardi Gras Hookers & Jokers Ball at the Inn of the Ozarks Best Western Convention Center

at 6pm – Cash Bar. Costume Themes: Hookers, Jokers, 2012 Theme “My-O-Mayan”

Tickets: 479-981-9551 – Seats are Limited. Music by "Cherry Brooks Jazz and Blues Ensemble". Costume Contests with prizes. Eureka Gras Buffet and Indoor Mini Parade. Admission: $20 Advance or $25 at the Door

February 17

Eureka Gras Mardi Gras Coronation Masquerade Ball from 6pm to 10pm at the Crescent Hotel Crystal Ballroom. New Orleans style Mardi Gras Tableau is awesome. Formal attire or costume. King and Queen and Royal Court Promenade and Grand March. Champagne supper buffet and entertainment featuring "TBA" By reservation only 479-253-9766 or 877-342-9766. Admission: $35

February 18

7th Annual Eureka Gras Mardi Gras Parade. Downtown Spring and Main Streets, Parade rolls at 2 p.m.

Krewe of Krazo will lead the Eureka Gras Parade. — 2012 Theme “My-O-Mayan”

Other walking groups include "Krewe of Kidz" — "Krewe of Barkus" canine parade

"ALL Eurekans and visitors" are asked to "Dress-out!" and join in the parade.

February 19

Mardi Gras Champagne Jazz Brunch. Crescent Hotel Crystal Dining Room 11am until 2pm

Meet and Greet the King and Queen — 2nd Line with decorated umbrellas. Entertainment by Crescent Jazz Ensemble. Reservations: 479-253-9766 or 877-342-9766

Feb 19-21

Arti Gras Artist's ShowCase – Tastefully Risque and Salaciously Devine Art. Artists Reception on Monday, Feb 20 – 6 -8 p.m. Location TBA – Open to Public. Special Silent Auction on Mardi Gras Masques by Artists

February 21

Eureka Gras 2nd Line Krazo Krawl – 4:30 pm — Rendezvous at Pied Piper Tavern.

Mardi Gras Day, Krazo"2nd Line" Krawl. — Downtown on Main and Spring streets

Costumes and/or masks a must! — Second Line Umbrellas make it mo' bettah!

Open to General Public – Admission: Free – 2012 Theme “My-O-Mayan”

February 21

Saint 'Lizbeth's King Cake Ball and Dinner on Fat Tuesday Night, 6:00 – 10:30pm at

Saint Elizabeth's Parish Center – 232 Passion Play Road. Cajun Dinner, Live Music by "Naturally Brass", Cash Bar. Tickets Sold in Advance $45-couple/$25-single – 479-636-8864

Featuring Eureka's Largest King Cake!

Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mardi Gras

Thanks so much for all of the help and the schedule! I really appreciate it!

Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mardi Gras

Those dates are wrong. Check out http://www.eurekaspringsmardisgras.com/ for accurate info. I'm going and can't wait!

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock, Arkansas
Level Contributor
3,321 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mardi Gras

I pulled the dates off the Eureka web site. Sorry if they were wrong.

Arkansas Ozarks
Level Contributor
1,132 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mardi Gras

I think the dates jim posted are from last year -- not surprised that the website hasn't been updated.

I have the current issues of the 2 ES newspapers, the Lovely County Citizen and the ES Independent.

The Light and Sound Night Parade is 2/2 at 9 pm.

The Hookers Jokers Ball is 2/7 at 6 pm.

The Coronation Ball is 2/8 at 6 pm.

The Masquarade Day Parade is 2/9 at 2 pm.

Costume Contests at 4 pm on 2/9.

Beaux Arts Ball at 7 pm 2/9.

Jazz Brunch 2/10 at 11 am.

Arti Gras Review/Reception 2/11 at 6 pm.

Krazo 2nd Line Crawl at 4 pm 2/12.

St. Lizabeth King Cake Ball at 6 pm 2/12.

7. Re: Mardi Gras

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2014, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Eureka Springs