We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

now in meteora and need some help

Level Contributor
55 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
now in meteora and need some help

i just arrived today to kalambaka and i need to visit the monstaries tomorrow morning but the bus service is not working and we don't know too much about how to manage the visit ,

we r 2 persons and we have no problem with walking alot

but how to reach the entrance of the meteora from kalambaka and is it so far ?!

and how many monstratirs we could visit in one day ?!

and is the entrance of the montarties is far from

another ?!

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
5,013 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: now in meteora and need some help

hi..i suppose taxi would be the most obvious way..maybe get your hotel reception to arrange a ride for you..don't hesitate to bargain for the best price if the one offered seems too much..other than that i don't know the area but i found this link with a similar question here on TA..at the end of the first response there is some proposed walking route from kalambaka to emteora but again not knowing the area or how fit you are for this hike i don't know if it is advisable or not..

as for how many monasteries to visit,from what i understand 2 or 3 seems enough for a day..

keep in mind any question you have has been answered before here on TA..just go to kalambaka forum,type the key words of your question at the research bar which is on top of the page and previous answers will pop up

Edited: 18 November 2013, 15:31
2. Re: now in meteora and need some help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 November 2014, 05:18