We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how was the 2 day meteora tour?

Which Kalambaka hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
california
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
how was the 2 day meteora tour?

If anyone has done the two day meteora tour would like to hear your opinion. I unfortunately not enough time to spend in Greece. The two day meteora and delphi tour sounds good but wondering if they stop at the Archeologic site at all?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how was the 2 day meteora tour?

Welcome tliang1:) ...By 'Archeological site', I trust you mean the entire site itself at Delphi? I also think you mean the 3-day (2 nighter)?! Meteora is a bit of a distance so the tour needs more time to take in Delphi as well..which is a HUGE site! Have not been to Meteora (yet!) but have done the 1-Day Delphi Tour - there is an overnight tour here that I believe is much better..more time to meandor and take in with much less travel time within a day..but with limited time, still a good opportunity to take in this incredible wondrous site:) If there is a 2-dayer taking in BOTH sites, chances are it's a bit rushed but am sure it will provide the main sites/history! Enjoy!

London, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,361 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: how was the 2 day meteora tour?

The tour with Cosmos is, as pointed out three days and 2 nights. The first day is taken up with driving to Kalambaka from Athens. That night is spent at the Eidelweis Hotel in Kalambaka. The next morning (up early and on the road by 8:00am), the bus tours the various monasteries. Depending on the day, and which one has bus parking, there is a stop and time to enter. The one chosen was Stephanos which over looks Kalambaka, and you can see it from below out of the hotel windows as well. Then off to Delphi, staying at the Akropole which is on the 'lower road' and the best place to stay in my opinion as the rooms at the back have a view down to the Gulf of Corinth. The next day up early again and to the site of the ruins. A guided tour is included, then back to Athens arriving either late afternoon or early evening depending on the traffic.

New York
Level Contributor
14 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how was the 2 day meteora tour?

Did you end up taking a 2 day Delphi/Meteora tour? I am looking into them right now and would appreciate any advice.

I am also looking at the 3 day options, but the advantages here seem only more time in Delphi, but still just one morning in Meteora.

I'd love to hear if you ended up on a tour and how it went!

4. Re: how was the 2 day meteora tour?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2009, 19:18