I'm intested in going to the Meteora and Delphi in 2 days starting in Athens. I've never been to Greece and I don't speak Greek. Reading the forums, I understand that I can take a bus from Athens to Delphi, then to Trikala, then to Meteora. My questions are:
1. Is the bus system difficult to use for foreigners who only speak English? Is it easy to get lost(my worst fear)?
2. Is this a feasible schedule?
Apr 28th - land in Athens at 11:40am, stay in Athens for the rest of the day to roam around the Acropolis and Plaka
Apr 29th - 7:30am leave for Delphi early in the morning via Bus terminal. Take the bus from Delphi to Trikala, then Meteora in the late afternoon. Overnight stay at meteora.
Apr 30th - Spend day in Meteora. Take bus back to Athens in late afternoon, so that I return to Athens late at night.
3. How close is the actual site from the Delphi and Meteora's bus stations? Is it difficult to find once I get off the bus? Will I get lost?
4. When I get to Meteora, are there trails to walk up to the Monasteries? Are they clearly marked with signs or will a bumbling traveler get lost in the wilderness?
5. Apr 27 is the Easter weekend. Does that pose any limitations to my travel plans?
Sorry for being so long winded....I'm just really scared that I'll get lost. I've considered a guided tour, but that seems to be too expensive. Thanks for your help!!