We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotels in Kalampaka

Toronto
Level Contributor
230 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
hotels in Kalampaka

Any recommendations for accommodation near Meteora? We would like something with a view, (and a pool to cool down) if possible.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
229 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotels in Kalampaka

Hotel Orfeas is nice - just at entrance to Kalambaka, has wonderful pool area which is absolutely necessary in the heat of summer. The best rooms are on the side facing the pool - you get a view of the pool and region beyond, but not the Meteora mountains. The other side is a view of the mountains, but it's right on the main road, so would be noisy. You can park your car on the street and walk into town very quickly (5 minutes). I booked directly with them through email and their rates were reasonable. www.hotel-orfeas.gr

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
358 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: hotels in Kalampaka

Two years ago we stayed at the Hotel Edelweiss in Kalampaka. Right in town with a nice pool, views towards the Meteora, clean comfortable and very reasonable cost, 60 euros a double including breakfast back then.

Not a Hilton! but a very good hotel for the price

Old Forge, New York
Destination Expert
for Old Forge, Utica
Level Contributor
2,303 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotels in Kalampaka

Duipani House is Kastraki is clean and neat with great views.(no pool) The Antionades has a pool on the roof, popular with groups, but well situated for walking in downtown..by the way the restaurants in Kalambaka are quite good. Have fun!

greece
Level Contributor
81 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: hotels in Kalampaka

hi, check out the "Meteora Hotel" http://www.greece-hotels.ws/trikala.php they have a pool and the views look great.

hope it helps!

Toronto
Level Contributor
230 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotels in Kalampaka

Looking at some of these I'm unsure as to whether it is better to stay in Kalampaka or Kastraki. Some things I've read say Kastraki is nicer, but others say that it is busier with all the tour buses going by.

Any thoughts?

Wen

Old Forge, New York
Destination Expert
for Old Forge, Utica
Level Contributor
2,303 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotels in Kalampaka

Well, don't get the idea that Kalambaka is a quaint quiet town. It is a small bustling place, with some great restaurants. The people are friendly, and it gets its share of traffic. Kastraki is more like a little neighborhood at the edge of Kalambaka.Kastraki puts you closer to the rocks. We have stayed in both, we tend to like switching..(we like Meteora alot) between them. Ask around, and the friendly locals on the street have always sent me to same 3 place to eat (all were great)..

You can drive between them both in 3-4 minutes.

London, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,361 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: hotels in Kalampaka

My comment is that Kalambaka is much bigger, and more touristy with tons of shops and shopping and restaurants. Kastraki is quite small. I add a vote for the Edelweiss, clean comfortable and inexpensive, but not the Hilton. Breakfast buffet was average. We had a room facing the rocks and could see the two closest monasteries on top.

8. Re: hotels in Kalampaka

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 01:17