We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wedding at the bayview hotel ballycotton, info needed!

uk
Level Contributor
342 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
wedding at the bayview hotel ballycotton, info needed!

We are madly researching for a wdeding reception and although we had our hearts set on west cork I came across this hotel in ballycotton the bayview hotel.

If anyone has had their reception could they give me a run down of the service, food, cost, reception room etc.

We are planning all this from the uk so an isead of the nearest church to this hotel would be an advantage!

dublin
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: wedding at the bayview hotel ballycotton, info needed!

I am originally from ballycotton. The nearest Church is a five minute walk from the hotel and has a stunning sea view which is perfect for photos. It is called the star of the sea church. Is is quite popular for wedding so booking early is a must. Bayview is a lovely hotel but can only hold quite a small wedding its sister hotel Garryvoe which is five miles away is your more traditional wedding Hotel However saying that Bayview has the better view and the food is wonderful

uk
Level Contributor
342 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: wedding at the bayview hotel ballycotton, info needed!

Thanks for your reply. I will have the chance to visit the chursh and hotel in August as a friend of mine is getting married at home.

The star of the sea church looks so lovely, by any chance do you have the contact details of the parish priest? I have been looking but so far no luck.

Our wedding party is 50 maybe 60 and bayview hotel looks amazing but sure you have to see for yourself.

many thanks

dublin
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: wedding at the bayview hotel ballycotton, info needed!

i think it costs 400 for the church the priest you need to contact is father o callaghan oo35321-4646726 be warned he is a bit of a cranky so and so. Good luck

uk
Level Contributor
342 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: wedding at the bayview hotel ballycotton, info needed!

Oh really- I have had plenty of experience dealing with cranky priests. Perhaps it is best to track him down face to face. If we decide on bayview hotel then a cranky priest marrying us is a huge no-no.

I hear Ireland may have a new law coming in soon where hotels can conduct weddings?

Thnaks again

Get answers to your questions about Ballycotton