We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do in Fairfield Bay Arkansas

bourg
Level Contributor
31 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Things to do in Fairfield Bay Arkansas

Was thinking of visiting wyndham Fairfield Bay this summer, looking for information on boat rentals (prices) and any suggestions of activities in or near the area. Rafting or anything close?

9 replies to this topic
little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock, Arkansas
Level Contributor
3,326 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do in Fairfield Bay Arkansas

It is really a beautiful area. Greer's Ferry is probably Arkansas's most beautiful lake. You will love it. Here are a few other activities not too far away:

* Blanchard Springs Caverns - gorgeous cave - little over an hour from FFB

www.blanchardsprings.org/

* Mountain View music on the courthouse square - really fun to see local pick-up groups play mountain music on weekend evenings - little under an hour from FFB http://www.pickmountainviewmusic.com/ - also at MV is the Ozark Folk Center State Park www.ozarkfolkcenter.com/

* Buffalo River National Park - One of America's most beautiful natural rivers. Unless it is a rainy summer, the river runs low in summer but lazy trips on the mid to lower sections are great for swimming and paddling and enjoying the huge bluffs and gravel bars and clear water. www.nps.gov/buff/ - Maybe an hour and 20 or so from FFB.

* Trout fishing below the dam on the Little Red - 35 miles or so from FFB

www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCn7TO8w6cA

I think I remember the boat rentals on Greers Ferry ranging between 60 and 80/hour depending on the craft, plus skis or tubes, and cleaning fee if trashed. Fees usually decrease when the rental period increases. (I didn't take the time to call to double check - others may know of better prices.)

Again, I highly recommend the Greer's Ferry area. It is a great location to vacation in the summer.

Edited: 09 October 2012, 05:57
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
4 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do in Fairfield Bay Arkansas

I spent a week last month at the Wyndham resort at Fairfield Bay. It was mostly a great stay. On site, there are two golf courses you can play, a putt-putt course and playground, swimming pools, tennis courts, a bowling alley and a small recreation hall. They do have their own marina with pontoon, ski and basic fishing boat rentals. If I remember correctly, the pontoon and ski boats go for about $300 for a half-day plus gas and fishing boats are about $80.

If you are interested in a guided fishing trip, as we were, they (marina staff) will recommend a couple and there are even more that leave their cards there; most are within a few dollars of each other as to rates (less than resort pontoon rental (which you can't fish from). We wisely chose Bud Lady Fishing Guide Service ( http://budladyfishing.com/) Email: BudLady23@gmail.com and phones: 501-691-5250 or 501-691-4268 . Terri and Darren are two of the most fun, but still professinal guide teams on the lake. They will pick you up from most, if not all, of the marina's/parks on this massive 40,000-acre lake.

Jimjade provided some of the other things to do, I definitely agree with him about Blanchard Springs Cavern, it is well worth the drive.

bourg
Level Contributor
31 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Things to do in Fairfield Bay Arkansas

thank you for your time and great information

bourg
Level Contributor
31 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Things to do in Fairfield Bay Arkansas

thank you for your time and great information

Alabama
Level Contributor
14 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Things to do in Fairfield Bay Arkansas

Is there a grocery store in Fairfield Bay?

Arkansas Ozarks
Level Contributor
1,182 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Things to do in Fairfield Bay Arkansas

Cravens Foods is in a strip center about a mile from one of the entrances to Fairfield Bay. There's also a Dollar General in the strip center.

Fairfield Bay...
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Things to do in Fairfield Bay Arkansas

Fourth of July there will be a parade in the morning and fireworks that evening at the marina.

On August 2nd there will be the second annual Boati Gras which is our boat parade. The day is complete with beignets and coffee, a Second-Line band will play, a king will be crowned, the boat parade will start at 1 pm with the Blessing of the Fleet. After some play and throws, we head back to the Marina for the band and picnic on the dock with Cajun food being served from the Galley. Come join the parade or just come watch, listen to some music and catch some throws. Laissez bon temps roulez!!!

Montgomery, Texas
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Things to do in Fairfield Bay Arkansas

Very helpful, our trip is Oct and hoping it won't be too cool

Save Reply
9. Re: Things to do in Fairfield Bay Arkansas

Check out this review of the Fairfield Bay Indian Rock Cave and trails: https://travelbabble2.blogspot.com/p/fairfie…

Reply to: Things to do in Fairfield Bay Arkansas
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Fairfield Bay