We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Premier Inn Or Bewleys

galway ireland
Level Contributor
181 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Premier Inn Or Bewleys

Hi

We are flying out from Dublin airport at 10am and need to stay over night in a hotel... There are 3 of us and I am getting 2 rooms in the Premier inn for the cost of 1 room in Bewleys. Distant to and from the airport is what is bothering me, is there much of a difference? Also we will be eating that night in the airport which restaurant would be nicer?

6 replies to this topic
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,573 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Premier Inn Or Bewleys

Both about equi-distant from the airport. You need to google the hotel to get the map. I've never dined at the airport - only had a cup of coffee - so can't comment on the cuisine but would imagine it is the standard [and probably expensive] buffet type.

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Premier Inn Or Bewleys

Both are a 10 minute drive from the airport. It might not matter to you, but Bewleys is in an isolated area, there is absolutely nothing around it. The Premier Inn is located in Airside retail park and very close to Swords, where there would be some activity. I'm not aware of any restaurants at Dublin Airport, and I would be recommending to you that you drive over to Malahide (15 minutes) where there is awide variety of good restaurants.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
55,699 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Premier Inn Or Bewleys

"Also we will be eating that night in the airport which restaurant would be nicer?"

This part confuses me a bit. You won't be able to access restaurants in the airport that evening without a boarding pass. There are a couple places outside of security but I don't recall them being special enough to make a trip for (and pay for parking?).

galway ireland
Level Contributor
181 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Premier Inn Or Bewleys

Thank you for your help! sorry my last question was confusing, i actually meant to say at the hotels and not he airport! so from what i can see the Premier inn seems to be best option and better value?

Oslo
Destination Expert
for Norway, Oslo
Level Contributor
13,789 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Premier Inn Or Bewleys

Personally I would stay at airport hotels only if I arrived at airport late and didn't want to go into Dublin. It's almost as quick to get a taxi or airport bus from the city out to the airport in the morning as it is to wait around and take the shuttle. Staying in the city you have a wide range of hotels and restaurants - much better than the airport.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
92 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Premier Inn Or Bewleys

Premier Inn for sure. Bewleys has nothing around it. Both have shuttles to the airport and are close. But IMO Bewleys is not a nice hotel, the dining options are not great. Premier Inn is nice and modern and gets great ratings. It has plenty around it as regards shops, restaurants and bars, both in the airside park where it is based and a few minutes down road in Swords village.

Reply to: Premier Inn Or Bewleys
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Swords