We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hen party in Carlingford

London, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Hen party in Carlingford

I am thinking of arranging a hen weekend here, does anyone know if there are some good cheesy clubs and bars that would play good traditional music for sunday drinking?

Ireland
Level Contributor
916 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hen party in Carlingford

Hi,

several pubs with traditional music, in the village, none "cheesy" though. B

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,584 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hen party in Carlingford

Hi Claire

If you are looking for "good cheesy clubs and bars" I don't think Carlingford is the place for you. Carlingford is a beautiful picturesque medieval town with a wealth of outdoor activities on your doorstep. It lends itself more to invigorating hillwalking or other outdoor pursuits, followed by a well deserved drink in one of its cosy pubs, followed by dinner in one of its award winning restaurants. For nightclubs, you would be probably be better served by neighbouring larger towns such as Dundalk or Newry. My clubbing days are long behind me (thank God!) but Mr Ridleys in Dundalk was an occasional night out at that stage (I didnt live close enough to have it as a regular haunt), and it is still going strong. http://www.mrridleys.com/ However either Dundalk or Newry would necessitate a taxi ride. I have no idea of the price of same, but would imagine it could be quite considerable.

If you are travelling from London as your profile indicates, you might be better to consider either Belfast or Dublin for a better selection of clubs and bars.

Have a look at www.carlingford.ie and http://www.carlingfordadventure.com/ for a taste of what Carlingford has to offer.

Edited: 19 October 2010, 21:39
Belfast in Northern...
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hen party in Carlingford

Just wondering what you did for your hen party. Did you arrange it for Carlingford? Also considering arranging a hen weekend in Carlingford with a visit to dundalk for night out. People who appreciate culture and fine food

Paris, France
Level Contributor
3 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hen party in Carlingford

Idea: Try Millgrange Cottages, www.millgrange.com, 4 star self-catering cottages 2 km from Carlingford village. There are several cottages, beautifully restored old buildings. Rates very competitive.

5. Re: Hen party in Carlingford

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 17:05
Omagh, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Hen party in Carlingford

Hi, I am also considering going to Carlingford for my hen do. Im reckoning that there will be about 12 of us girls. Can anyone recommend suitable accommodation which is in the heart of Carlingford and where I can have a look at what activities is available in the area?

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,584 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hen party in Carlingford

Hello Jessy

Lots of information at www.carlingford.ie

8. Re: Hen party in Carlingford

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 15:05
9. Re: Hen party in Carlingford

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 20:01
Ireland
Level Contributor
3,584 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Hen party in Carlingford

Hello Richard and welcome to Trip Advisor.

You seem to "think" a lot in your two identical posts. "Think" you should just forget about your self promotion and follow the guidelines. It's not allowed - as was proven in your attempts from yesterday.