We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodation for Slane Concert

Ireland
Level Contributor
230 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Accomodation for Slane Concert

Hey there

It's a long shot, but if anyone knows of any accomodation still available for the night of the slane concert can you please contact me!

Any help would be gratefully received.

Many thanks

Dee

6 replies to this topic
Ireland
Level Contributor
3,584 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Accomodation for Slane Concert

Hi Dee

Are you looking for accommodation in the immediate vicinity of Slane? If so, I'd imagine that all would be booked out at this stage. Have you tried San Giovanni B&B or Bondique B&B which are on the N2 about 2 miles south of the village? Another option could be Hillview B&B which has the added advantage of being possibly one of the closest B&B's to Slane Concert, but outside the village heading for Tankardstown House.

Alternatively, accommodation in Navan or Drogheda could be a consideration. Let me know if you would consider this and I will offer some suggestions for you. I do know that historically, there is always a bus service to/from Drogheda to the concert (unlike the scenario at the last one when people were virtually abandoned if they wanted to head to Dublin).

One last option that I can think of (and possibly the best as I have just checked their website) is the City North Hotel in Gormanston. They have a deal of B&B, lunch, transport to the concert and music in the hotel on return for €115 per person. All in all, I think this is good value as you are fed, dont have the hastle of transport and will have a comfortable night sleep in a great hotel away from the maddening crowds. http://www.citynorthhotel.com/

Edited: 11 November 2010, 17:33
Ireland
Level Contributor
230 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accomodation for Slane Concert

Hi little pumpkin

Thanks so much for your response. Yeah basically we just want to avoid the chaos of trying to get back to Dublin as it seemed to be such a disaster the last time.

So we would ideally like somewhere close to the concert - away from the road back to Dublin - that we can get home from easily afterwards.

We would of course like something in Slane but as you say I think everything is kind of booked up now.

There are seven of us so I was thinking renting a self catering house would be the best and cheapest option.

The hotel you mentioned looks lovely but is a bit out of our price range unfortunately :).

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,584 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Accomodation for Slane Concert

Dee

As far as self catering goes, I'd imagine that Slane Farm Cottages are most probably booked out at this stage http://www.slanefarmhostel.ie/ Hillview B&B that I mentioned in my previous post is virtually next door.

I have checked Newgrange Lodge's website for the date of the concert, but they are booked out.

Only other self catering option I can think of in the vicinity is Balrath Cottages http://www.balrathcourtyard.com/location.html but they are about 7 miles from Slane and just off the N2 road to Dublin, so you would have the same hastle getting out of the area.

The Green Door Hostel in Drogheda could also be an option and take the bus to/from the concert http://www.anoige.ie/hostels/greendoor

I wouldnt give up on City North though, do your sums and based on the fact that you have food, transport to/from the concert and accommodation, I think it is a good deal. You have almost 7 months to save for it.

We have booked a couple of concerts for next year and the way city hotels inflate their prices when there are events on is a disgrace. As much as I would like to stay in the city overnight on two of the dates in particlar, on principle I wouldnt pay the extortionate prices these places are charging (and most of them are booked up anyways!).

Edited: 14 November 2010, 13:24
Save Reply
4. Re: Accomodation for Slane Concert

Dear All,

We have limited availability left for Slane Concert.

Please contact 041-9824621 to make your booking.

Tankardstown House

Slane

Co Meath

Dublin, Ireland
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Accomodation for Slane Concert

Kingscourt B&B Accommodation for Kings of Leon Slane concert 2011 also bus transfers still available 087 127 1009

6. Re: Accomodation for Slane Concert

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2013, 14:21

Reply to: Accomodation for Slane Concert
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Slane
More Slane Topics