We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gleesons Townhouse, Roscommon Town

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Gleesons Townhouse, Roscommon Town

We recently stayed in Gleesons and it was absolutely top class. The entire building has real character and has been very tastefully decorated. On arrival ( a large group, we had booked 17 rooms) we had complimentary tea, coffee and freshly baked scones. The rooms are bright, modern and the bathroom spotless. We had requested dinner for 50+ people at 10 p.m. and this was no problem. The food is wonderful here, the staff friendly and courteous and Mary, the owner, has to be one of the most helpful and obliging people I have ever come across in the hospitality industry. Breakfast is unbelievable here with a huge selection - the Gleesons special could feed a whole family. On the Sunday morning, one family were late for breakfast and were instead offered lunch . I don't think this happens frequently in other hotels. Thanks to Jo for her friendliness and her endless patience particularly on the Saturday night when some were a little reluctant to go to bed such was the enjoyment in the residents bar. Gleesons have a lovely coffee shop serving all kinds of lovely food. We ate from here on Saturday afternoon and dined outside enjoying the sunshine. Plenty of secure parking available. I could not recommend Gleesons highly enough. We had quite a number of children in the group who were more than welcome at Gleesons.

If you are going to Roscommon, don't stay any place other than Gleesons.

Ireland
Level Contributor
45 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gleesons Townhouse, Roscommon Town

My one regret about a recent stay in Gleeson's was that my hangover meant I didn't fully appreciate the fantastic breakfast.

North Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gleesons Townhouse, Roscommon Town

I had to reply to your post. We recently stayed at Gleesons under very difficult circumstances. My brother was in Roscommon Hospital, very seriously ill and my family and I were over from England to be with him. Mary and her husband did everything they could to make our stay there as uncomplicated as possible. The rooms we stayed in were exemplary, and the food excellent, but it was the personal service that really stood out. They offered us supplies to take up to the hospital, did washing for us and gave advise on how and where we could get everything we needed. They were sympathetic listeners when we wanted to talk, but knew when to leave us alone. I can't recommend Gleesons enough. Also, it was a favourite place of my brothers, and only a few weeks previously, he had taken us there for a meal.

3. Re: Gleesons Townhouse, Roscommon Town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 11:17