We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from Dublin airport to Roscommon

California
Level Contributor
445 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation from Dublin airport to Roscommon

Hello everyone and thank you in advance for any suggestions and information. I will be traveling to Roscommon from Dublin airport in August. What would be the easiest way, train or bus to get to Roscommon? Also, once I arrive in Roscommon I may rent a car in Roscommon after a couple of days. All I am finding is Budget Rental cars but they seem rather expensive. Is there anywhere else I could try? Thank you so much!

Beaufort, Ireland
Level Contributor
3,992 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from Dublin airport to Roscommon

The cheapest way would be to rent the car in Dublin Airport. Budget, afaik, is the only rental agency in Roscommon.

To getthere by public transport, the most expedient way would be by train. You need to get the bus ( 747 bus dublinbus.ie/en/… ) to Heuston station . These buses go every 15 minutes or so. From Heuston, you can get a train direct to Roscommon town. If possible, book well ahead on the Irish Rail website as ticket prices can be much cheaper than day of departure.

www.irishrail.ie/travel-information/roscommon

California
Level Contributor
445 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation from Dublin airport to Roscommon

Thank you Dokgolf for your reply! :)

3. Re: Transportation from Dublin airport to Roscommon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2016, 01:18