We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry to Morocco

London
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Ferry to Morocco

I understand that things can be pretty crowded and confusing in the port at Algeciras in mid-summer! Any tips on how to make sure that one gets on a FAST ferry to Tanger Med, as opposed to one of the slow ones? Which company to go for? Is it best to book something online in advance, or just get a ticket once in Algeciras? Thanks!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
20,247 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry to Morocco

Yes the annual passage of Moroccans during what is called "Paso del Estrecho" hits a peak time this year is around the weekend or 30th June/1st July and following days leading up to beginning of Ramadan which is about 20th July. before mid -June should be quieter. I have never travelled at the Paso del Estrecho busy time and imagine it gets very crowded. If outside these dates then best to get into the ferry terminal and look at the indicator boards and for the choice of fast ferries before buying a ticket.

If you wish to get to Tangier city you also have the option of buying a ticket at Algeciras ferry terminal at either FRS or COMARIT who will give you free bus transport around to Tarifa to board their ferry. But obviously check which one is going first.

London
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry to Morocco

Thank you very much. This will be a few days after the start of Ramadan, so let's hope the worst of the crowds will be over. I've read many comments about the number of people who hassle you in Tangier city, so I'm hoping it won't be so bad at Tanger Med. And I see that there is a free bus from there. Thanks.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
20,247 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry to Morocco

Yes the hassle factor can be distracting and annoying. But somehow you will need to adjust your entire "psyche" and adjust to North Africa and this phenomenon. It's hard sometimes but entirely possible. It gets easier the further away from major tourist "hot spots" !

4. Re: Ferry to Morocco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 15 February 2013, 15:05
Torrox, Spain
Level Contributor
3,813 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferry to Morocco

Dina - how many posts does it take for you to advertise this guide?

El Jadida, Morocco
Level Contributor
216 posts
410 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ferry to Morocco

Methinks "Dina" IS the guide!

7. Re: Ferry to Morocco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 February 2014, 05:16