We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry to Morocco - Costs

Which Algeciras hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
143 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Ferry to Morocco - Costs

Hello TA friends,

I will be taking the ferry from Alegicras to Tanger Med at the end of March. I found one price on the transmediterranea.es website for 21 Euros with Acciona (Wisteria) and on the UK Direct Ferries 26.50 Euros.

Do I need to be booking a ferry on line? I will be crossing on March 31 (Easter Saturday). Or do I just pick up a ticket when I arrives in Algeciras on the 30th.

If so, is the 21 Euro price the best price I'm going to get or do the prices ever come down.

Thanks for you help.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,381 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry to Morocco - Costs

Travelling on foot it is OK just to turn up and take the next convenient sailing. Some are using fast catamaran ships whilst others take longer using a car/lorry ferry. So bear this in mind when searching becasue some people like to get over quickly. There are alternative ferries apart from ACCIONA. In the Departure hall at Algeciras you can see which one is leaving that suits you best. I have no idea whether buying a ticket in advance has any advantage.

Singapore
Level Contributor
18 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry to Morocco - Costs

Hi Taradog66,

Did you buy your ferry ticket on the day of departure at Algeciras? Or did you do an advance booking online?

I am planning for a trip in a couple of months. Thanks!

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
143 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry to Morocco - Costs

I purchased my ticket at the port in Algeciras the night before my ferry left. I believe the cost included the bus trip to Tarifa. Enjoy your trip.

Singapore
Level Contributor
18 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry to Morocco - Costs

Thanks for the reply! I'll be boarding from algeciras, heading to tangiers med. Definitely looking forward to the trip,

5. Re: Ferry to Morocco - Costs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2015, 07:18