We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sierra de Cazorla

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sierra de Cazorla

I am trying to find out where is the best place to locate when visiting Cazorla national park.I have two children and would like to do some water activities and maybe horse riding etc.Am I better to go to somewhere like Rio Frio or Cotos Rios or stay at the edge of the park in Cazorla.I am planning on 3or 4 days in August and am finding that there is a minimum of 7 days for lots of the accommodation at that time of the year.

I would be delighted with any feedback especially from anybody who went with children.

Thanks

Dave

Jaen
Level Contributor
63 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sierra de Cazorla

I'd stay nearer to Lake Tranco if you can, nice breeze, water activities and less driving back and forth on windy but beautiful, narrow roads. What about looking at campsites with bungalows, great for kids.

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Sierra de Cazorla

Thansk for your help.

Peterborough...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Sierra de Cazorla

Hi,

Just browsing this site looking for new things to do around Cazorla, me and my wife ( Una from Dublin) have a place in Cazorla, we are going in a couple of weeks,😀 Cazorla is great and has 3 nice pools, lovely one at Iruela, you can also swim in the river, there is a great place up from Rio Frio really beatiful. Rio Frio is a bit touristy, and does not look great but I think there is a lot of horse riding availability cazorla is a fun base, nice to wonder around in the evenings, you can walk right into the park in a few minutes. So good location depending on what exactly you want to do etc. camping sound fun but will be v hot! I might be able to help further, Give us shout if you want more info, I would be happy to help. My. E mail is imdimd@me .com, we are also off to Glengarriff this summer!

Regards

Ian

Jaen
Level Contributor
63 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sierra de Cazorla

For 'wild swimming' Rio Borosa is fabulous with rocks to jump off and mini natural slides.

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Sierra de Cazorla

Gracias,I arrived in Jaen yesterday and will travel to Cazorla so am looking forward to it.

6. Re: Sierra de Cazorla

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 August 2015, 07:15
Get answers to your questions about Cazorla