We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Club la costa

Lancashire
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Club la costa

Hi everyone.

We are visiting Club la Costa Marina del sol for a weeks holiday Mid January.

Can anyone give us feedback on your experiences of this holiday place and do we need a car to get around.

Looking forward to hearing from anyone who has been there.

Ursula

Plaza Constitucion
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Paseo Maritimo Promenade
Piers & Boardwalks, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Lake Vinuela...
Level Contributor
9,535 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Club la costa

Friends of ours have a Time Share at Marina del Sol, and we have visited them there on several occasions.

Accommodation of a good standard and grounds kept tidy. The shop and bar/restaurant are expensive by local standards but the shop is useful for buying basics if you run out.

Our friends never hire a car relying on taxis to get them around. However, a car would give you much more freedom as Club La Costa is some distance out of town.

UK soon to be...
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Club la costa

Hi there hope I am not too late, we were only there for the second time in for Christmas & New Year in the Marina Del Sol room 270 it was fab love it this is the 2nd time since Sept we have been back there.

You will find everything you need from washing machine to dishwasher to coffee maker!

The room is like a little appartment with its own stairs to go upstairs, 5 mins walk to the beach, 2 mins to the local supermarket and a 15 minute walk to the Mirmar which is a huge supermarket place.

Just watch out for ticket touts they will tell you oh my god you have won first price come with me...... they are also trying to sell you a timeshare just tell them to bog off! and walk away!!!....

You will totally love it there we are planning to move to Fuengirola in March so enjoy!!

Caz n Ian

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
462 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Club la costa

Does anyone know of any other Club La Costa resorts in the area. We are holidaying at one the resorts and up to press we dont know at which resort we will be staying at.

Any info on location, whats about, how to get into town, getting from the train station to the resort etc would be most appreciated.

Lake Vinuela...
Level Contributor
9,535 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Club la costa

If you are staqying at Fuengirola it is almost certainly going to be Marina del Sol.

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,340 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Club la costa

Stayed at Club La Costa in January 2006. Had a good time. Apartment was actually a duplex. The resort is huge and there is a little train thing that runs around it. We didn't hire a car but wished we had although the buses and taxis are fairly good. Its a bit of a way out Fuengirola but the walk along the beach to the town is very nice.

Beware though you will be expected to attend a sales pitch at some point in the week. I was there with my friend and my daughter and it didn't stop them getting us to go around the resort with a sales rep (we actually only went to get the full english breakfast and to nose around in the more expensive apartments!). However, he did realise that we weren't interested and at the end of the tour just took us back to our apartment rather than to the sales office. Its a very, very expensive business to buy into and if you are not careful you could get sucked in.

Having said that the resort was very nice, even though the weather at the time was awful. Might do a swap into the resort again some day.

Chris

6. Re: Club la costa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2009, 22:19
Get answers to your questions about Fuengirola