We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fuengirola transfers

Which Fuengirola hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
scotland
Level Contributor
22 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
fuengirola transfers

hello does anyone know how much a taxi from malaga airport to fuengirola for 4 people is? is it better to prebook or just get one at airport? any advice please. thanks

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos, Benidorm
Level Contributor
5,380 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: fuengirola transfers

well its 20/23 euro from torre to fuengirola so I would assume its about 45/50 euros from malaga. We always use the train, fast, cheap, clean, and always on time. Every half hour.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
4,488 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: fuengirola transfers

We book our visitors with an English company here. They are legit and fully insured. I have never had a problem with them. Details are:

Contact Details

Telephone: (0034) 625 816388.

Web: www.skybusspain.com

Email: bookings@skybusspain.com

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos, Benidorm
Level Contributor
5,380 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: fuengirola transfers

What a good website, very helpful. Will deffo recomend.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: fuengirola transfers

we use www.resorthoppa.com every time and have never had a problem yet - and we have used them all over spain

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
461 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: fuengirola transfers

I have just returned from Fuengirola, and being a little short on cash we opted for the train. The transport system out there is so cheap, frequent and easy.

It cost us 2 euros each . The train station is to the side/ connected to the airport via the multi storey car park.

as the the train travels along it displays the next stop and a recorded announcement is made in english and spanish as you approach the station. When you get in to the station the town name is displayed so theres no way you could get off at the wrong station. Its a bit like the tube.

The train terminates in the town centre and a very short to the bus station.

It really is fool proof.

scotland
Level Contributor
22 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: fuengirola transfers

thanks for your help. think will try the train as seems to be most popular and definately cheaper than taxi. been quoted 90 euros return for taxi! will let you know how i get on.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
461 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: fuengirola transfers

Just one thing to add - make sure youve got some change or at least a 5 euro note - I have read on previous posts that the machine execpts notes up to the value of 5 euros. I couldnt see this info anywhere but best to be safe as the only means of purchasing a ticket from malaga airport is via the machine at the platform. Although there are manned ticket booths at Fuengirola.

Bucks., england
Level Contributor
525 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: fuengirola transfers

Smokie,

The fares quoted here are WAY beyond the amounts I have paid for a taxi from the airport to Fuengirola!

I would have said 30-35 euros max.

the link below is the official site for taxis from Aeropuerto

spanish-airport-guide.com/aeropuertos/aeropu…

You will see that it suggests 27 euros on the more expensive tariff.

All I would say is agree the fare with the driver before gettibg in the cab.

But then again I have to agree that the train service is excellent............trains leave the airport for Fuengirola at approx. 15 mins past and 45 mins past the hour (at least you know then whether it is worth "hurrying" to catch one :-)

Gus

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
461 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: fuengirola transfers

I was quoted approx 45 - 50 euros.

It cost 13 euros to get to my accomodation 4k from the town centre!!

The taxis are really expensive, dearer than the uk.

Benalmadena Pueblo
Level Contributor
747 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: fuengirola transfers

As you leave the main exit door from the arrival lounge on your right hand side on the wall is a printed rate menu. Have a quick lok and that will give you the correct price. Taxi drivers the world over will try to add that little bit extra. No need to book as there are plenaty of taxis.

Get answers to your questions about Fuengirola