We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

excursions

Wolverhampton
Level Contributor
765 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
excursions

Looking to book some excursions before I go. Was going to use costafrica but for some reason all of their day tour pages have been removed off the web. Sent an intital enquiry to the holiday guide but have only had an automated reply. Anyone know of a reliable company which I can use?

A friend of mine who has not long since returned has told me that they are all competing for business and that I may be better off waiting until I get out there. Is this true? Would like to find a company offering el chorro and the Ronda trip with the return by train.

Plaza Constitucion
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Paseo Maritimo Promenade
Points of Interest & Landmarks, Piers & Boardwalks
Lake Vinuela...
Level Contributor
9,535 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: excursions

Virtually all travel agents offer the El Chorro and Ronda trips.

Wait until you get here to find the nost competitive prices.

Yorkshire, UK
Level Contributor
252 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: excursions

We used these for a trip to Ronda and found them very friendly. They offer English speaking only trips as well if you prefer. Jackie and her husband do the English only tours and also run "The Holiday Guide" newspaper which is available in most hotel receptions. Hope this helps.

http://www.theholidayguide.net/page20.html

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,895 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: excursions

Hi

I am booking my ronda trip when I am there in 2 weeks, at maxitours, theres one in centree of fuengy and 1 in los boliches, very reasonable. and pick you up from your hotel/apartment

Wolverhampton
Level Contributor
765 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: excursions

Thanks guys. Heard a lot on here about maxi tours and have tried to check them out. Only trouble is their web site is in spanish only.

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
750 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: excursions

Hi

Anyone got the web site addy for Maxis tours?

Dave

Scotland
Level Contributor
3,911 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: excursions

Here it is. Did not know they had opened a second office in Los Boliches. Must be new.

http://www.maxytravel.com

Scotland
Level Contributor
3,911 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: excursions

And, if all the day tours had been removed from the CostAfrica site, well, they are back!

www.costafrica.com/web/en/day-trips.html

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
750 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: excursions

Could not see any thing about excursions on it though.

by the way you can translate the web site using google.

Click on the page button, mine was top right, 5 icons away from the home button. Then select "translate with google" and enter the web site addy.

Dave

9. Re: excursions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2010, 06:18