We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunday train service to Fuengirola

London
2 posts
Save Topic
Sunday train service to Fuengirola

Hi all,

I'm planning my first trip to Fuengirola on Sunday 2 August. The transfers seem very expensive so we were planning to catch the train from Malaga airport. Can anyone confirm whether or not the train service operates on a Sunday as I can't find anything on the andalucia tourism sites.

Thanks for reading.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,728 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunday train service to Fuengirola

Trains are every 30 mins on a Sunday as normal, at 04 and 34, journey time approx 35 mins.

There are several stations in Fuengirola so which station you need depends on where you are staying.

renfe.es/cercanias/malaga/index_horarios.html

London
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunday train service to Fuengirola

Thanks so much for the response.

We're staying in the miramar complex in Fuengirola. I think Fuengirola is the nearest station. Really looking forward to it now. Thanks again.

Bucks., england
Level Contributor
525 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunday train service to Fuengirola

Be aware that the train fares on weekends and public holidays are slightly more expensive than during the week.

The Spanish seem to have it right and make cheaper fares available during the working week, rather than at weekends :-)

Lancashire
Level Contributor
541 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunday train service to Fuengirola

The last time we used the train from Malaga airport to Fuengirola the fare was 1.85 euro during the week and 2.10 on Sunday. The journey is so easy and each stop is announced in spanish and english so you know exactly where you are, and it works out a lot cheaper than a taxi. Have a good holiday.

cumbria
Level Contributor
578 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunday train service to Fuengirola

spot on gusmelv, its common sense isnt it.thats why we dont do it over here.

6. Re: Sunday train service to Fuengirola

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 January 2010, 07:19
Get answers to your questions about Fuengirola
Recent Conversations