We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I am here

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuengirola
Level Contributor
1,895 posts
110 reviews
Save Topic
I am here

Hi Folks just a quick msg to say weather very hot, had rain for 10 mins monday night, and cooled down alot, we have been on beach and by the pool. I am shocked that alot of places are shut down, and prices in english bars on fish alley ie dolphin are expensive.. already spent a fortune, gunna stick to spanish bars, gutted about tipi tapa closed down, its feria start this friday, off to mijas tomorrow to have tapas and sightseeing, then saturday to malaga for the day, gibraltar trip next tuesday, just to let everyone know its 16 euros for the express day trip at maxi travel,buses and trains dirt cheap and the rate for euro at the mo is 1.16 euro to pound

Thats all report back in a few days.

Oh another 2 things.

Macdonalds has even closed.

And Bmi I flew with delayed 1 and half hrs and we had the worst turberlance ever.

Karen

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
14,989 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I am here

There was a big storm with heavy rain over the mountains Kazz the turbulence would have related to that.

McD`s has been shut a long while I think.

Pricewise the "english" bar owners just dont seem to be able to adapt to La Crisis and think by charging fewer customers more money they can get by. Good luck to em!!!

I dont wish them any harm but they need to adapt. Most of the Spanish bars/rest have meal deals on and are getting by, albeit with tightened belts.

kendal, uk
Destination Expert
for Kendal
Level Contributor
1,291 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I am here

Karen, bet your glad about the weather though after fearing the forecast !!

Have a fab time, the weather is getting better here in the uk, but no way as hot as fuengy ! looking forward to reading your report on your return, have a few bevvy's for me !!

cheers,

juby

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
280 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I am here

Have a great time Kazz you nutter! Ive been reading your excited posts for the last 4 months, so really glad your having a brilliant time! Roll on October! Mark

4. Re: I am here

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 17 September 2009, 08:05
wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I am here

Sorry to hear that bigconor.Presume you didn't discover Linda's Bar for live entertainment?

6. Re: I am here

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 13 August 2009, 14:25
7. Re: I am here

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 13 August 2009, 14:25
Lake Vinuela...
Level Contributor
9,535 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I am here

WS - don't let Bigconor get you to respond to his low levels. His other current post is despicable and needs removing a.s.a.p.

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
749 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: I am here

Have fun!!! 20 days untill i get there

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuengirola
Level Contributor
1,895 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: I am here

Hola guys

I still love it here, but it is soo expensive the dolphin, britannia, all rip off charges for drinks, bar la plaza is the cheapest and best and its proper spanish wine... food here is abit dear, malaga city on the other hand is dirt cheap, and so was marbella could not believe it, Il do a full report next week when I am back, too much to tell you all.

Off back to the hotel, with cheap bottle of plonk in hand and a few cervezas... and boy its hot hot my tan is getting deeper by the day...

Adios Amigos.. xx ) oh and yep the plane journey was scary!!

Get answers to your questions about Fuengirola