We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Torreblanca - shortcut down hill from monte canada?

Thornton Cleveleys...
Level Contributor
599 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Torreblanca - shortcut down hill from monte canada?

Hi everyone, we're off to Torreblanca in October and staying in a villa close to the Monte Canada appartments.

I keep reading about a shortcut under the railway line but was hoping somebody could give me more precise details (hopefully with a road name so that I can print off a Google map to take with me!)

Also, is there a particular place to get taxis from going back uphill - as I have slight joint issues so might find it a bit tough after a full day out.

I've stayed in Los Boliches a few times in the last few years but never went as far along as Torreblanca, so if anyone has any more tips I would be eternally grateful

thanks so much in advance

Bucks., england
Level Contributor
525 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Torreblanca - shortcut down hill from monte canada?

LaLico,

If this works then this should be a map of the area.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&q=calle+castano+torreblanca+spain&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=Calle+Casta%C3%B1o,+29640+Fuengirola,+Spain&gl=uk&ei=6NhRTJiTJOfT4wa1-MCoAw&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CCEQ8gEwAA

There is a route down which takes you under the railway..Calle Castano is the location of Monte Canada, go on to Calle Pino and then on to Calle Orquideas. This takes you under the railway and back up a slight incline to Hotel Gardenia Park.

Turn right and downhill to the roundabout at which point you will see through to your left to the Paseo. ( the railway station-Torreblanca is actually back up the hill at this point past the Torreblanca Hotel)

If you are getting a taxi home then it is probably more convenient to get one from the bar/restaurant that you end up at - most bars/cafes etc are more than happy to call one for you.

By the way.........Thornton?? Is that the one in Fife or Bucks??

Thornton Cleveleys...
Level Contributor
599 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Torreblanca - shortcut down hill from monte canada?

Thanks so much for that - really helped me to make sense of maps etc.

And it is Thornton near Blackpool, neither of the two places you mentioned! LOL Sorry about that ;-)

Bucks., england
Level Contributor
525 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Torreblanca - shortcut down hill from monte canada?

Another one then LOL.

Enjoy your holiday.

By the way, walking down from Gardenia Park on the right hand side just before you reach the roundabout there is a terrace with a chemist, internet/phone cafe, bar and restaurant just in case you need a break before heading on to the Paseo.

There is also a bus stop just over the roundabout if you want a bus into Fuengirola rather than the walk!

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Torreblanca - shortcut down hill from monte canada?

I usually ask for a taxi at the reception of The Gardenia Park Hotel. They usualy arrive quite quick. I heard there was a new one way system in place going the back way upto Monte Canada. Calle Castanyo or Calle Roble not sure which one.

Thornton Cleveleys...
Level Contributor
599 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Torreblanca - shortcut down hill from monte canada?

Thanks again gusmelv, I was wondering where the shops etc were. Is there a small supermarket around there at all? We'll be going into Fuengirola to the big supermarket but probably the day after arrival -so could do with getting milk/bread etc somewhere in Torreblanca

A18XVM - that's a great tip, thank you.

I'm so excited - first holiday for five years and i can't wait!

Edited: 04 August 2010, 14:46
Bucks., england
Level Contributor
525 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Torreblanca - shortcut down hill from monte canada?

There is a small "open all hours" supermarket on the Paseo which should suit for a few basics but, as always, they cost a little more than the larger shops. Having said that, there bread is good!

They also have an ATM cash machine outside it.

By the way, if you are using an ATM, ALWAYS ask to be charged in Euros, similarly if you are using a debit or credit card, otherwise you can get "stung" on the exchange rate!!

Enjoy your hols.

7. Re: Torreblanca - shortcut down hill from monte canada?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2011, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Fuengirola
Recent Conversations