We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Feria in October - supermarkets open?

Which Fuengirola hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Thornton Cleveleys...
Level Contributor
599 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Feria in October - supermarkets open?

Hi again, I just wondered if anyone knows what dates the shops are closed during the Feria?

We are arriving on Thursday 7th and apparently this is a holiday in Fuengirola so the supermarkets will be closed. Does anyone know of any that might be open?

Also, is Friday a holiday shop-wise?

We don't need to do a big shop on Thursday but a bit of bread, milk, water etc would be good.

Thanks in advance

Bucks., england
Level Contributor
525 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Feria in October - supermarkets open?

Some of the shops are closed throughout the Feria week but most (if not all) of the supermarkets are open. We've never had a problem buying supplies during the Feria and we've been there for the last 10 years.

Thornton Cleveleys...
Level Contributor
599 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Feria in October - supermarkets open?

Thanks for that. I noticed on Mercadona's website that they say the Fuengirola store is closed on 7th and someone else told me I wouldn't find anywhere open to buy food on that day either. But as long as I can get something the next day we will just have to eat out when we arrive! Not a bad thing at all ;-)

Bucks., england
Level Contributor
525 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Feria in October - supermarkets open?

The 7th is the day of the big church parade but most of the food shops and cafes will be fully open the following day. It tends to be the shoe shops/clothes and electrical retailers etc that are closed for the week.

Coin, Spain
Level Contributor
567 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Feria in October - supermarkets open?

The town most people know as Fuengirola is divided in fact in two.

Fuengirola and Las Lagunas in Mijas.

In the nothern part of the town one side of the street belongs to Fuengirola and the other to Mijas.

The big shopping centre El Corte Ingles is on the Mijas side of the border.

You will find 2 Mercadona in the Mijas part, within easy walking distance from Fuengirola centre.

The Mijas part of the town is not affected of the feria at all, they have already had their feria.

Best regards from Mijas Costa

Thornton Cleveleys...
Level Contributor
599 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Feria in October - supermarkets open?

Thanks again, that's great.

We're staying in Torreblanca and I had thought we might pop to the Opencor in Los Boliches but at least now i know there is a mercadona open somewhere!

Typical of me to book our arrival date for the church parade - d'oh!

Borehamwood, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Feria in October - supermarkets open?

Hello wondering if you can help. Looking to go to Fuengirola from 18th October with two small children eldest 3 years. Does anything start to shut down "for the holiday season" all is everything still operational (so to speak, at this time of year. Many thanks for your help!

Coin, Spain
Level Contributor
567 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Feria in October - supermarkets open?

Hi,

No, not everything is in operation during this time of the year. The water parks is closed, and some restaurants and bars as well and other amenities has reduced their opening times. Most the pools are closed (nearly all).

But you will certainly get better service now than during the peak season in August. And the sea is still warm and nice for a swim.

Welcome,

Jonny

8. Re: Feria in October - supermarkets open?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2011, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Fuengirola