We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Im all booked guys...quick question October

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuengirola
Level Contributor
1,895 posts
110 reviews
Save Topic
Im all booked guys...quick question October

Hi All

As you all know I normally go to fuengirola in august funds have forbid us goin so thus left it late..we normally go to the angela bout we have booked in the florida which Im really looking forward to got the last single and twin room for 7th october, trouble is what is the weather gunna be like then, we always go peak season so ie 100 degree heat..can anyone tell me is it rainy, what clothes to wear take, and have I made a grave mistake...

I am excited though statying at the florida as I know its a cracking hotel.. regards folks.,.

manchester
Level Contributor
30 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Im all booked guys...quick question October

Hi Kazz

We have been going in October (half term week -around the 20th) for the last 7 years. Weather is variable usually around 23 - 26 degrees. One year we had torrential rain, others none. The weather can be quite variable but I usually return with a tan although some days can be grey. I usually take a light weight waterproof jacket, several cardies, a pair of ballet pumps (helps if there are puddles!) Some years I don't need them and just wear the usual shorts T-shirts etc but by including the cardies it keps the luggage down and means I am prepared for all weathers.

Hope this helps

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuengirola
Level Contributor
1,895 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Im all booked guys...quick question October

thanks for that, we go 7th oct so slightly earlier so heres hoping it isnt rain rain every day..

england
Level Contributor
1,222 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Im all booked guys...quick question October

hi kazz i always go to fuengirola some time in november, last year i went in the1st two weeks.it was aprox 70/74 degrees for the 2weeks i was there and sunny and hot.it did rain for 1/2day though.i usually find it hot enough to wear shorts and t shirts though i always pack one wet/cold weather outfit just incase,so hopefully you should be okay weather wise october.maybe just pack a jumper/brollie just incase.have a great holiday. : )

Edited: 08 June 2011, 20:19
sheffield uk
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Im all booked guys...quick question October

Good time to go as this is the week of the feria.starts on the night of the 6th and goes on for about a week.

Thornton Cleveleys...
Level Contributor
599 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Im all booked guys...quick question October

We were there last October for Feria week and it was lovely - apart from one day when it was cold, grey and rained all day with a bit of thunder.

Average temperature was around 22 degrees - I mostly wore strappy maxi dresses with a light cotton cardi on top because the breeze was chilly on my shoulders.

At night I wore a dress with a wool cardi or my light poncho and was more than warm. I'd echo the other posters and pack a rain/cool weather outfit too - but hopefully you won't need it!

We're out there the first week of September this year so hoping to avoid the rain. Just back from Marrakech and it was the rainiest May they've had in years so I'm hoping my bad luck doesn't follow me to Spain!

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
281 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Im all booked guys...quick question October

We had a great week same time last year and are back again on the 4th Oct. There was a great atmosphere at casa colon round the back of the post office. Loads of pretty horses tied up and gents dressed up smartly chomping on huge cigars! If we spot you passing I'll get you a glass of something refreshing!

Mark.

scotland
Level Contributor
4,113 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Im all booked guys...quick question October

We always go on hols in November..the 3 years we were on CDS..we saw very little rain..It was pleasant to go walking .couldnt swim in sea though.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuengirola
Level Contributor
1,895 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Im all booked guys...quick question October

thanks guys for your help..cant wait now, habanacustom might see you there..so glad Il see the parades...

9. Re: Im all booked guys...quick question October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 16:16
Get answers to your questions about Fuengirola
Recent Conversations