We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fuengirola or Benalmadena?

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Fuengirola or Benalmadena?

Hi

There are a group of us flying to Costa del Sol in august, we haven't decided were to stat yet and we're deciding between Fuengirola or Benal, which of the two would be best?

We are 20+ and want to go were ever has the better nightlife?

Thanks in advanced

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
127 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fuengirola or Benalmadena?

Can't believe i am trying to help a MUFC fan lol only joking..... I can't comment on Benalmadena because i haven't been, but i believe its good and they have a 24 hour square and the marina.

Having said that i can comment on Fuengirola as i have been 6 times now. It must be good or i wouldn't keep going back.

There are numerous bars and clubs to choose from, which are open until 7.00am - they are all around the same region which is good then you don't have far to walk. Guys your age should stay at the Las Palmeras or the PYR Apartments, they are very centreal to all the amenities Fuengirola has to offer.

One other thing, you could always catch the bus or train to Benal a couple of evenings for about 1 euro and get a cab back which between you all wouldn't be expensive.

I hope this helps and if you need anything further just give me a shout.

Enjoy where ever you decide to go

Gloucestershire.
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
1,467 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fuengirola or Benalmadena?

No brainer..... Benalmadena every time..... Fuengirla is a hole..... !

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
16,312 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fuengirola or Benalmadena?

Str8 to the point DC.

Benalmadena does it for me too lads. 24hr square is not open 24 hrs any longer but is very lively thru to 7am or so. The marina has a wider variety of bars & clubs all close together and again very busy esp weekends. Benalmadena has loads of other bars to try before reaching the clubby areas aroun midnight. Also much more to do daytime than Fuengirola (if u get up before evening booze time that is).

Consider apartments Doramar, Alay, Hotel Bali and Sirocco all close to 24hr square & marina and have been known to take lads groups before.

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Fuengirola or Benalmadena?

Benalmadena it is then:)

Thanks for the info.

Are there any other hotels/apts for young n lively you could recommend that are near nightlife/24hr square?

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Fuengirola or Benalmadena?

Also, how busy is it end of august? :)

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
16,312 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fuengirola or Benalmadena?

Very busy at end of august. Was quite busy sunday night too.

7. Re: Fuengirola or Benalmadena?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 13:19
Get answers to your questions about Fuengirola