We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fuengirola - Las palmeras apartments

Leeds
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Fuengirola - Las palmeras apartments

hi

Looking to book a holiday in Fuengirola and come across the Las Palmeras Apartments in central Fuengirola. Our holiday party consists of me and my partner along with our 4 year old son and 70 year old mum. Never been to Fuengirola before and although I've read mixed reviews of the area, I can't find any reviews on the apartments (only the hotel). Any advice gladly welcome.

Many thanks.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
4,894 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fuengirola - Las palmeras apartments

I have only ever visited friends with an apartment so there may be others but the ones I have seen were hotel rooms converted into studio flats when hotel bookings got very difficult to sell in the 1990s. So perfectly adequate for one or two but not more. They are generally individually owned so the standard may vary and the hotel reception isn´t famous for being helpful to people staying in the flats.. The location is good but not if you are on the east side where you will get noise from the pubs and clubs of a particularly lively area.

I think that looking at the composition of your group it is back to the drawing board.

Leeds
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Fuengirola - Las palmeras apartments

Thanks for that! However, the apartment is in tower 1 (to the left of the hotel on the map) so hopefully there shouldn't be much noise. The apartment I have been looking at is 2 bedroomed so I assume it is larger than the ones you have seen. Anyway, I'm going to keep on researching before I book anything but thanks again for your advice!

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuengirola
Level Contributor
1,895 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fuengirola - Las palmeras apartments

I have stayed in the las palmeras hotel 4 times and a regular to fuengi, the apartments are private let within the hotel its bang on for location and is a massive hotel you will be fine, the only thing that lest the hotel is the evening meal but your in an apartment to you wil be fine.

Your near fish alley for bars and restaurants and near the centre for tapas shopping and bus train stations.

Harbour marina across the road, and it has some lovely bars and eateries there my fave is karma bar anf the family bar.

if you need any info pm me.

manchester
Level Contributor
30 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fuengirola - Las palmeras apartments

Hi

We always stay in Torres 1 but this Easter ended up going out and buying earplugs despite being on the 12th floor (and we are both quite heavy sleepers!) When the night clubs empty there is always quite a lot of shouting then usually around 5/6 am some muppet decides to throw all the empties into one of the bins. The concierge is very helpful, pool quite good and we have booked to go back. We always stay in one of the private one bedroomed apartments and find the facilities and location to be a plus. Just think carefully if you are light sleepers. (Don't mean to be a kiljoy but for some the noise could wreck their holiday).

Leeds
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Fuengirola - Las palmeras apartments

Thanks for the info guys! Think I'm going to take a risk and book into an apartment in Torre 1. Just hope the noise isn't too bad when we go !

Lancashire
Level Contributor
541 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fuengirola - Las palmeras apartments

we have stayed in Las Palmeras Apartments, never again, the noise from the street below when the clubs and bars were emptying was unbelievable sometimes until 6am. especially at the weekend. The entrance to the apartments was in an undercover shopping area and could be quite dark when going home late at night. I think the location of the these apartments is not the best and personally would not stop there again.

Glasgow,UK
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Fuengirola - Las palmeras apartments

Trying to book an apartment for 2 and want 1 bedroom plus a kitchen and balcony but keep being offered a studio apartment. Not sure what this consists of - is it only 1 room?

Devon, UK
Level Contributor
76 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fuengirola - Las palmeras apartments

Who are you trying to book with? If you ring +34 952 580840 which is the number for Inmobiliaria las palmas who are the local agents on site (their office is by the entrance to Torre 1) they will be most helpful. Speak to Gerda or Marina. If you want to look at the one bedroom apartments similar to what you require you can view full details on the smithsforspain website as the Smiths rent the same apartments as Inmobiliaria las palmas!

If you need any further info please let me know

Bazzer

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
3 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fuengirola - Las palmeras apartments

Hi there,

Stayed in Las Palmeras three times in the last two years. Torre 1 is definitely the best tower to be in as the entrance is the most secure.

We have stayed in two one bedroom apartments and also the Penthouse in Torre 1. Stangely enough the prices were pretty similair for each so may be worth seeing if you could get a deal for the Penthouse.

As far as noise is concerned I've found it no better or worse than any other resort. The one huge advantage of Las Palmeras is its location which is across the road from the beach and a short stroll from Fish Alley.

One note of caution is that the balcony walls in some apartments can be very low so care is needed with young children.

PM me if you want some more info.

Level Contributor
151 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Fuengirola - Las palmeras apartments

When we stay in fuengirola we use these apt, the owner is lovely and the apt are great look at owners direct website ref number s9180 they also have another apt but I cant remember the ref

Get answers to your questions about Fuengirola
Recent Conversations