We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just returned

Which Fuengirola hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
charleston
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Just returned

I just got back from Spain and the weather was beautiful. That is about all that was good. The food and the traffic are both terrible. McDonalds FF with everything, and XX salt on all the food. Nothing like the food in Italy. In general, a very poor attitude from all the shop keepers and restaurant employees. I was in the Fuengirola and Madria areas and the roads are a nightmare. Worse design roads anywhere, do not drive. Beaches have some beautiful women but the rocks and the sand are terrible. Nothing like the beautiful beaches of the east and west coast of the US.

Very nice people at the Crown Plaza at Madrid airport. Great hotel.

horley surrey
Level Contributor
38 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just returned

"why have a mcdonalds in spain"

Mijas, Spain
Level Contributor
143 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just returned

I am very sorry that you had a disappointing culinary experience in Spain. There are some great restaurants in and around Fuengirola. Perhaps you should have sought some recommendations on the forum before your trip?

I have never had a problem when asking for my food to be prepared without salt.

I do have to agree about the general standard of driving though.........it is atrocious!!

england
Level Contributor
1,219 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just returned

hi sorry you feel the food was not good.personally for myself i find that if you look around there are some good places to eat and drink. : )

rochdale
Level Contributor
5,982 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just returned

Also just come back from Fuengirola.

Weather was very good but hazy for 3 days.

Food was good. Many and varied restaurants.

Not sure about the women, wife won't let me look.

No rocks on the beach near me.

Have been to the west coast of the US, beautiful beach, but only me and a man catching sharks on it.

Give me a waiter serving Mc Ds chips and cold beer on the beach anyday.

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
11,969 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just returned

I understand what the OP means about the french fries with everything but to be honest that's probably because so many people have asked for them in the past that they just put them on the plate as a garnish!

We've been to lots of great restaurants and bars on the CDS and although I don't have salt in anything, I've never had reason to complain that there is too much salt in the food. Mediterranean food is probably the most healthy in the world!

As for terrible traffic, its awful in any city or town you go to anywhere in the world and travelling on unfamiliar roads can be difficult for anyone so I don't think its just Spain.

I also haven't had any bad experiences with shop or restaurant staff, in fact have found them to be helpful and polite.

Kilmarnock, East...
Level Contributor
187 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just returned

why has the Fuengirola Forum been blessed with this poor review ?? When at the bottom they mention Madrid ??

We go to fuengirola several times a year and to be honest - French Fries - could say we have never been served them at any restaurant unless we have ordered them with our meal.

Food - meals ................ never had a bad one ! The service, food, drinks are way above what we can buy here in Scotland.

I would imagine you have not set foot in Fuengirola and would ask you post the review in the correct Forum

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
11,969 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just returned

Madrid is in land so doesn't have a beach so he must have been somewhere near the coast.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuengirola
Level Contributor
1,895 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just returned

No mcds in fuengirola its closed down...has this guy actually been to fuengi, because I eat spanish food and there are lots of choices in fuengirola and surrounding areas, chips yep lots of them in english bars, but if you dont want them dont eat them...im looking forward to my visit on october..

rochdale
Level Contributor
5,982 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just returned

Don't think he actually ment mcds kazz, ment mcd type chips, and yes there are a few.

BTW no 2 4 1 at Casa kon Tikki now but still good value.

Thornton Cleveleys...
Level Contributor
599 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just returned

Am I the only person thinking that this is probably a troll?

Seriously - who goes on holiday only to judge the standard of bathing beauties on the beach? LOL (Or am I missing out here?)

Get answers to your questions about Fuengirola